No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liked all seasons of daredevil, loved season 1 of Jessica Jones, everything else ranged from crap to sort of ok.

Comment

Yep, Daredevil S1 and Jessica Jones S1 were the only ones I'd stand by as being decent and even then they weren't essential viewing. What's also key to note is that the shows were high profile catches for Netflix but none of them were really that successful for them, all either posting weak figures of decent initial ones that then haemorrhaged.

The common angle with them is that Marvel TV often thinks simply saying 'part of the MCU' is enough to grab viewers when in almost every instance the shows have to fight tooth and nail to survive year after year. It's a stupid approach as well given DC's continued success with its own series and likely one of the reasons Feige has a strained relationship over the output and is trying to closer oversee the Disney+ output.

The Disney+ series will be interesting as they're actual event series that flesh out scenarios or characters that are known using the actual films cast so will seem much more essential. Anything outside of that bubble should and would have been wiser to not be connected to the MCU and thereby restrained by it. If DC can run Titans, Gotham, Batwoman etc tapping into the same branding as the DCU without being connected then the Marvel TV series would be better served being focused on telling a different version of Iron Man etc

Comment

Then we’d have Iron Man and cheaper Iron Man. The best of both worlds.

Comment

It can work, quite often TV Flash looks better than Movie Flash

Comment

Gotham is better than all the marvel tv stuff

Comment

Gotham is damned good, love how they just threw everything at it after that first season

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Then we’d have Iron Man and cheaper Iron Man. The best of both worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  Gotham is better than all the marvel tv stuff
                  I accept it might be good, but I don't know why people watched it. I was put off immediately by the very first advert I saw, which had the tagline,

"Ever wonder what Gotham was like before Batman?"

Well... No? Not really.

Comment

The irony is that it's more Batman than half the things that actually include Batman these days

Comment

I'm currently watching season 4 of Gotham and I love it. Probably the best comic-book tv show I've seen. They clearly had a vision for it and nailed it from the get-go.

I've long held a snobbery for shows with 22 episode seasons. Even the best of 'em suffered from filler (BTVS, I'm looking at you) ... but this actually maintains the quality and keeps things interesting and moving along very nicely.

It's not perfect. I could nit-pick if I really wanted to. But all in all it's better than any of the big screen Batman efforts. Hoping by the time I finish S4 it'll be just in time for S5 to begin

Comment

I'll bite...BTVS?

Comment

Sorry, wasn't intended to draw that response: Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Comment

Anyone watching Cloak and Dagger? I love it. Massive cliffhanger they just dropped on S2E2 though.

Comment

Got it lined up but we haven't started the first run yet, the other MCU shows have burnt us out so much I think we've been putting off giving another one a go but I'd heard alright things so it's been waiting in the wings.

Comment

Marvel Studios closes out its first decade of business with “Avengers: Endgame” in just a little over two weeks from now and those hoping to see a new Wolverine unfurl his claws in the post-credits scene – you’re out of luck. Though Disney and Marvel have acquired the rights to 20th Century Fox’s Marvel properties, […]

Feige confirms a five year plan is mapped out for Phase 4 that begins with their 1st half 2020 release. He also confirms that the X-Men (and by the same rule Fantastic Four) will not appear during this phase.

Comment

Working...
                                X