No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can add one more Avenger to the Disney+ streaming service line-up of shows based on characters within the Marvel universe. Variety reports that the company is officially developing a limited series based on Jeremy Renner’s skilled archer character Hawkeye (aka. Clint Barton) with Renner himself attached to star. The project is said to be […]

Disney+ will be adding another MCU show to its line up, this time it will be focused on Hawkeye. Renner will star in the event series that will tell the tale of Barton passing the torch to Kate Bishop *cough spoiler*

Ahead of its investors presentation tomorrow where many of the details of its streaming service will be revealed, details of ten unscripted series currently in the works for Disney+ have come to light. The Live Feed reports that two of the ten series will be Marvel docuseries. One is “Marvel’s 616,” an anthological documentary series […]

Also, Disney+ will play host to two Marvel docuseries. The first will be called Marvel 616 and will look at storylines in Marvel comics and their real life counterparts. The second is called Marvel's Hero Project and looks at shining a light on the good deeds of kids who are doing positive things for their local neighbourhoods.

Comment

The press junket for Marvel Studios’ “Avengers: Endgame” has seemingly been frustrating for everyone involved. With the film only a little over a week away and still not yet screened anywhere beyond the studio itself, the secrecy surrounding what happens in it remains high. Directors Joe and Anthony Russo have attested that even the film’s […]

Should Marvel opt for one of the multiple ending variants they filmed for Endgame where Thor survives, Hemsworth has stated he's still game for more adventures for the Asgardian

Comment

Reports are out that somewhere between 4-20 minutes of Avengers: Endgame's ending has been leaked including the films climax and post-credits sequence. Apparently the leak came out via employees for a subtitling firm that had been contracted for the film. Recommendation links etc on Youtube are also apparently already creating a minefield for spoilers also.

Comment

Uuuughhh... that's terrible. Really hoping I can avoid spoilers. Thanks for the heads up. The internet is about to get more challenging.

Comment

Yup, I've read enough to know that much and to avoid Youtube but thankfully no actual spoilers so have tried to duck out. It feels like Endgame's plot won't be hard to second guess and there's a high risk of bumping into something before seeing it but for once the film feels like it's worth giving the old college try to see fresh

Comment

Well I already got what I felt was a major spoiler from some site just selling hoodies. So hard to avoid.

Comment

Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige has made it clear for many months if not years now that “Avengers: Endgame” is an ending to the MCU as we know it – after this point it becomes something new and very different. As part of a new cover story for Variety though, one thing he’s also spelling out […]

Here's where a solution also creates a problem.

For Phase 4 onwards, Feige has said that events in the films will heavily tie in with the Disney+ series and likewise events of the series will carry heavy implications for the events of the films. The trouble will begin when only a relatively small percentage see the series compared to the films meaning either the impact is over exaggerated or you start to confuse and then lose your audience.

Feige says the studio is also unsure if it will ever make r-rated MCU movies however the one exception will be the Deadpool franchise which will retain its current rating

Comment

South Korean actor Ma Dong-seok (“Train to Busan,” “The Outlaws”) will make his American film debut in Marvel Studios’ “The Eternals”. Chloe Zhao (“The Rider”) is directing the superhero ensemble project based on the 1976 comic series by Jack Kirby and later revived by Neil Gaiman. The story follows the superpowered and near-immortal beings known […]

South Korean actor Ma Dong-Seok is to head up The Eternals

Comment

May not be true but if it is it's a key spoiler for Endgame. The crux is that it's news on another possible Phase 4 movie that could be announced

Comment

Though Marvel Studios has been touting for a while that the upcoming “Avengers: Endgame” is the final piece of its ‘third phase’ of films, it looks like plans have changed. Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige has now confirmed in a new interview with an Asian news outlet that July’s “Spider-Man: Far From Home” won’t serve […]

A fairly inconsequential change but Feige has confirmed that Spider-Man: Far From Home is now the final film in Phase 3 rather than the first of Phase 4, likely simply to help make the marketing announcement of the next batch of films simpler

Also revealed is this Audi advert but it's notable because it's 2 and a half minutes long with only the closing moments selling the car, the preceeding two minutes act as another Marvel One Shot Short with Captain Marvel being debriefed on Earth in the present day

Comment

Quite a few of the first Endgame reviews I’ve seen make a point of saying that the film pays a lot of fan-service. No ****.

It’s the culmination of over a decade of universe building. It’s 20 odd films down the line. It’s the second part of a larger film.

What a bloody pointless comment to make. Of course it’s going to be pompous about its own importance to some degree. One review even brought up the snide comments of Bill Maher. Foolish. Of course it’s going to be heavy in places. To presume that it would be shallow, self deprecating larks-a-plenty is sneering criticism for the sake of it, and reduces the whole genre to an in-joke. Said review seemed desperate to position itself as a distinctive voice of maturity and establish some odious framework for its comments. All it did was drag the film from its context.

Comment

It's just an easy target, or at least a lazy and obvious attempt to raise their own profile by digging on the film largely for existing. The irony is that all that such critics accomplish is reaffirming why the age of film critics is nearing its end, their opinions are largely out of touch and irrelevant.

Comment

Exactly. Clickbait fodder, mostly. ‘I’m breaking the mould with my negative review. Look at me. Read my review (and thus pay my wages).’ I mean, is it really a poor film? Really?

Is it really necessary to say that the film that concludes a 22 film stretch is packed with nods to the fans, a love letter to the audience, and has actual serious moments? It’s attention seeking, oppositional nonsense masquerading as criticism.

Comment

A friend over in Luxembourg saw Endgame earlier today. He said it was great. No post credit scene to wait for either. I’m off to see it tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Comment

I saw Endgame today and came away very impressed with it and satisfied that it is a good conclusion for The Avengers. It does really well to focus on characters for most of its runtime leaving the usual action to take up less time than you may expect.
                                Lots of points to talk about but that’ll need to wait until more folk have seen it.

Comment

Working...
                                X