Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer

Comment

It looks more the same than ever. I'm in.

Comment

While fans have long been theorising ways for X-Men characters to show up in the new “Avengers” films in the wake of the Disney-Fox deal, Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige advises that the studio isn’t doing much of anything creatively with Fox’s Marvel properties until after the deal closes sometime in 2019. Speaking with Vulture […]

Feige warns fans that Fox's X-Men etc properties haven't even been discussed by Marvel and won't be until the deal is officially completed in 2019 with all decision making taking place at a higher management level than he occupies. This means that despite what fans had hoped, there will be no X-Men connections in either Avengers 3 or Avengers 4 which will both be out before the deal is finalised.

Comment

No great surprise there at all. The current gen of X-Men films still haven't run their course and the chances of Marvel just bringing them in as is right away seemed non-existent.

Comment

It's going to be interesting to see how Marvel navigate the MCU in the Phase 4/Phase 5 stages.

They no doubt had a plan in place years ago and will have had to adapt that based on the knowledge that loads of contract renewals are impending and also the unexpected arrival of the Spider-Man universe into the MCU. Now they've also got the Fox Marvel franchises on the horizon and an increasing requirement to factor in market reactions in order to know how to prioritise so many character franchises.

It was interesting to read the other day about the incredibly high ticket prebooking figures for Black Panther. We've got our day set aside to go watch it but I'm still feeling BP looks like one of the most generic MCU films to date going by the trailers so it was a little surprising it was resonating so strongly, especially considering character first-movies usually arrive softer ended for Marvel.

Comment

The Ant-Man 2 trailer makes a big deal of the events of Civil War and, as I mentioned before, I think this could bite them in the backside. One strength Marvel have had in my opinion is that, even while having this huge cinematic universe, most movies have actually been very self-contained. You can dip in at any point, you can skip whole characters if you're not into them and you don't really lose anything. What this means is that it's not an all or nothing commitment. If it was an all or nothing commitment and you miss a few, that's it - you're out. They've lost you as a viewer. Civil War was tricky in that regard. I think it relied too much on prior knowledge. So I'm not convinced that setting Ant-Man 2 up with a strong Civil War jumping off point is a great idea. With Black Panther also having been set up in Civil War and presumably two Avengers movies now, the Marvel movies might find themselves too much of a commitment.

Comment

I've already seen some online confusion about Ant-Man 2 seeming to follow on from Civil War but releasing after Avengers 3.
                Now that development does make sense when you think about it but as you say, having to think about separate films events and having any sort of confusion isn't something the MCU used to deal with.

They're also at the point where they're crossing over in a way that the trailer for Avengers 3 acts as a spoiler for Black Panther, whilst Ant-Man 2 is now a spoiler for Avengers 3 and we haven't had any of them release yet can already build a picture of who survives etc.

Comment

Oh yeah, I had forgotten that Ant-Man comes AFTER Avengers 3. That makes the context of the trailer seem even stranger.

Comment

After the disappointment of Downsizing this looks like little-people done well.

Comment

TV spot for Avengers: Infinity War

Comment

The new poster for Deadpool 2

Comment

New Deadpool 2 trailer

Comment

Sony isn't wasting time either having released the first post for Venom

The first trailer is expected to hit sometime today

Comment

There’s been plenty of speculation about the upcoming “Spider-Man” spin-off film “Venom,” including the villain which has previously been teased as being fan-favorite Carnage (aka. Cletus Kasady) and/or other offsprings of the symbiote like Scream, Phage, Riot, Lasher, and Agony. Carnage is all-but confirmed to appear in the film in some capacity, and now That […]

The link contains potentially much more detailed spoilers but the crux is that Carnage may not be in Venom much at all

Comment

New image released as reshoots are underway for Deadpool 2 amidst rumours aspects of the X-Force will appear in the film also

Comment

Working...
                                X