No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new report indicates that while Disney and Marvel Studios have been very good about getting all the MCU films onto Blu-ray and 4K physical discs, don’t expect the same of their TV series. TV Line indicates the studio has “no plans” to release their Disney+ live-action MCU shows like “WandaVision” or “Loki” on Blu-ray […]

Though not ruled out forever, reportedly Disney has no intention of releasing its MCU series on physical media

Comment

Hardly a loss, not much in the way of repeated viewing anyway to justify a purchase.

The falcon and winter soldier was boring, wandavision pointless and Loki so far is dire and I'm switching off. As tonight's woke episode had nothing that actually helped the story.

Comment

Well, I’m upset, even if Barry Gibb above isn’t. I’m not in a position to access Disney Plus, and was pretty much banking on physical releases to catch up.

Comment

We’re going to see a lot more of this and not just for TV but for films too when they are bankrolled by a streamer. The big battleground is streaming right now and they all want exclusive content and will do everything they can to make sure their streaming service is the only place you can see it at home.

Comment

What happens if a streamer/producer goes kaput? Syndication via an administrator? I’ve never been comfortable with this online-only lark.

Comment

I’m only really thinking off the top of my head but I feel like that could only happen to Netflix because all the others are owned by others with many other media arms or companies where their real business will keep them going (like Amazon), But it’s entirely possible that it doesn’t work out for many if not most of them. We take streaming as a given but they are all competing for a market share of Netflix’s losses right now. It’s entirely possible some of the other companies, like Disney, will make their content available elsewhere if their streaming dominance doesn’t ultimately prove worth it. But I feel like a return to physical is highly unlikely. Which to me is a huge shame.

Comment

It’s an insurance policy, at the very least.

Comment

This concern over losing stuff is just like telly in the old days, lads. See it once and then the broadcaster chucks the reels in their vaults and loses them. If you're concerned I suggest you hook up your old betamaxes and get your fingers hovering ready over record.

Comment

I can only imagine the impact this news will have on the popularity of... sea of thieves

Comment

Yeah, not worth worrying about as long as the archives are still going. Fair play to the yarrr groups keeping everything available for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                        This concern over losing stuff is just like telly in the old days, lads. See it once and then the broadcaster chucks the reels in their vaults and loses them. If you're concerned I suggest you hook up your old betamaxes and get your fingers hovering ready over record.
                        Exactly - and we still haven’t got a load of Doctor Who, Z-Cars, Dad’s Army and Til Death episodes!

Spread the copies far and wide!

Comment

Second trailer for Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Comment

I like the jokes in the comments section about how the film is a true hero story as it sees an Asian man challenging the expectations of his father. That aside it looks like it could be fun and hopefully they show the martial arts rather hide them under quick edits. My only concern is Awkwafina as she was quite squawky and loud in the one film I've seen her in. Hopefully she's more tolerable in this and not just the typical comic relief.

Comment

In Spider-Man: No Way Home Peter continues his mission to become the worst Spider-Man we've had

Comment

Except for Maguire and that other lad.

Comment

Working...
                                X