No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They win... by virtue of being Spider-Man. Automatic fail for MCU's because he's Iron Man Jr... even it seems two films after Iron Man died

Comment

Yeah okay, I’ll give you that. I too am really not a fan of the Iron Man Jr thing.

Comment

From the looks of the Funko Pop figure from the new Spider-Man, as well as being Iron Man Jr, he will now be Doctor Strange Jr.

Comment

Despite the concerns about quality it'll be almost nice when Spider-Man migrates over to the Sony side of things more again just to give him some central focus instead of leaning on others. It's bizarre as it never feels like this with other crossovers, Maguire's Parker might turn up and spend the fourth film mentoring to be... well, a spider-man

Comment

I really like Homecoming and Far From Home.

Comment

I'd say I enjoyed moments with them. Considering Marvel's aversion to straying close to the other incarnations the MCU entries feel overly 'safe'.

Comment

Holland’s Spider-Man is great. No more origin twaddle, and a genuinely different handling of the character.

He’s pitched as the protege of a legend, and he can’t handle it. I mentioned my thoughts in the other thread, so I’ll not repeat them, but I will say that it was a brave move by Marvel to write him as a teen who is in desperate need of a father figure, who gets one yet loses him, and can’t cope with either that loss or the expectation to live up to the legacy.

They basically got handed a character about 15 films into the longest cinematic arc in Western cinema. They didn’t fart around with an origin story, or shoehorn in classic Spidey villains instantly. Parker’s biggest enemy has been his lack of confidence. Everything else just exposes that. They did remarkably well to segue him into the meta-narrative and avoid the temptation to start from his beginning.

Stop whinging, Neon!

Comment

Pah! I'll send Iron Man after you for that!

No wait...

Hang on...

Umm... getting there...

Got it.

Comment

All new spins on PP! Mint!

Comment

Booked in for Black Widow next Tuesday, expectations are nice and low so hopefully it'll prove a pleasant surprise

Comment

Comment

I really like the What If? comics.

I find they're also quite good for summaries as to what happened in a major story arc and the side stories, as well as taking a different look at how it could have ended.

Marvel have actually spun this out a bit with stories like Dock Ock in Spider-Man's body (Superior Spider-Man) and Doctor Doom as Iron Man (Infamous Iron Man).

The What If? series have some really outlandish stories, though!

Comment

Had a dream I saw the new Spider-Man movie. Bad news guys, it's really bad. I admire that they tried to get the Martian Manhunter in it but the character who was clearly supposed to be Batman but wasn't was really embarrassing. And the No Way Home title had nothing to do with the movie given it was all set in New York except New York is a beach town now.

Comment

MARVEL Presents

What If...?

Dogg Thang's cheese-fuelled nightmares were the plot of the new Spider-Man film?
                              (Dun dun duuuuuuuN)

Comment

Saw Black Widow last night. It's enjoyable, somewhat predictable Marvel fair. If you haven't seen Falcon and the Winter Soldier the post credits scene might not mean much.

Comment

Working...
                                X