No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvel Studios has officially announced that the new “Avengers: Infinity War” trailer will be released online tomorrow. With the teaser clip seen below hitting at 9am US-PST this morning, expect the trailer to pop up probably around the same time. “Avengers: Infinity War” brings to the screen the ultimate, deadliest showdown of all time. As […]

A new trailer for Avengers: Infinity War will be released today

One of the most visible behind-the-scenes changes to the MCU took place a few years back when it was revealed that the back-to-back productions of the third and fourth “Avengers” would not be called “Avengers: Infinity War – Part I” and “Avengers: Infinity War – Part II” as originally announced. Instead the third would become […]

Whilst the Russo's say that after abandoning the original plan for Avengers 3 to be a two part film, the now Avengers 3 and Avengers 4 are definitely separate films that connect to each other only as much as Winter Soldier lead into Civil War.

They also confirm that set photo's were correct and Captain Marvel will appear in Avengers 4 but not Infinity War.

Filming on the sequel to “Spider-Man: Homecoming” kicks off later this year and production on the project is reportedly ramping up with some new albeit minor casting details surfacing regarding two key characters. That Hashtag Show reports that these pivotal characters include a villain and a high school student. Both male and female actors of […]

And some light speculation about whether a casting call for Spider-Man 2 is going to be for the new Harry Osborne. If true it could add fuel to the old rumour that OsCorp was the company that bought the Avengers Tower.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      Whilst the Russo's say that after abandoning the original plan for Avengers 3 to be a two part film, the now Avengers 3 and Avengers 4 are definitely separate films that connect to each other only as much as Winter Soldier lead into Civil War.
      Going to just come out with it - I think that's a bold-faced lie.

I think they're saying that now because they want to make sure they don't lose even the few % of ticket sales from people who might've given A3 a miss, with the intent to watch both episodes back-to-back when A4 is out.

I mean, I think it's true - the titles changing, that A4's true title might be a bit of a spoiler, the rest of it. However I'm willing to bet that the movies are still going to be very connected and they want to avoid the 2-part movie stigma.

Comment

Well, narratively you only have three MCU movies coming out in between A3 and A4:

-Ant Man and the Wasp: Which is confirmed to be set just a few weeks after Civil War
        -Venom: Which will barely reference the MCU at best
        -Captain Marvel: Which is set sometime in the 1990's

That means that A4 chronologically follows on next from A3 so you'd have to assume there'd be some follow through. Personally, I think it'll mostly be in the form of character deaths, revenge wishes against Thanos etc. I still fully expect A3 to end with Stark's demise.

Comment

Having watched Black Panther last night (and rather liked it), I'm guessing the post credits scene isn't very long before A3 might kick off...
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

The new trailer for Avengers: Infinity War

Looks decent though I did cringe a little at 0:40 when Iron Man becomes a pencil topper

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              Going to just come out with it - I think that's a bold-faced lie.

I think they're saying that now because they want to make sure they don't lose even the few % of ticket sales from people who might've given A3 a miss, with the intent to watch both episodes back-to-back when A4 is out.

I mean, I think it's true - the titles changing, that A4's true title might be a bit of a spoiler, the rest of it. However I'm willing to bet that the movies are still going to be very connected and they want to avoid the 2-part movie stigma.
              Same. Seems just a marketing/branding decision, very much doubt it will affect the content of the actual films.

Comment

I'm not going to earth the trailer as I like to go into Avengers films after the first one as blind as I possibly can.

From the screens that have popped up I do like Cap's bearded look. Getting some Snake vibes from him which is always cool.

Comment

It’s hard to imagine how the movie can have a narrative focus with that many characters. And yet... a couple are notably absent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    It’s hard to imagine how the movie can have a narrative focus with that many characters. And yet... a couple are notably absent.
                    Yeah, I'm wondering if

given the lack of Hawkeye in there, he's the new Captain America a la briefly in the comics iirc. Although given he was on Cap's side in Civil War... perhaps not.

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I've read that Hawkeye is pretty much AWOL due to the Civil War line and having a family to protect but is in Avengers 4. Similar to Ant-Man, but most of it seems to be the odd character where scheduling conflicts and limited screen time meant they bumped the character back to the second movie.

Comment

In the wake of some uncertain reports a few weeks back about apparent ‘disastrous’ test screenings, the makers of the “Deadpool” sequel are fighting back in the best possible way – transparency. THR reports that despite the rumored report of extensive reshoots, the film actually only did six days worth of reshoots in Vancouver last […]

Following scepticism being thrown on test screening reports from last week, new reports are coming out for another test screening of Deadpool 2. Reshoots have been shot down with the filming merely being six days to add scenes (likely stuff more present day event related) and two versions were tested with the highest scoring receiving a rating of 98/100, which is the version that will now go to theatre. The test scoring for every screening has rated the sequel higher than the first film ever received.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/no-plans-yet-for-doctor-strange-2/

Meanwhile, Eggs Benedict CumberlandSausagebatch has confirmed that we're no closer to Doctor Strange 2.

Comment

While the first trailer suggested as much, a new report up at Manabyte indicates the “Venom” film won’t include the “Spider-Man” villain’s final form very much. Tom Hardy leads the cast of the film as Eddie Brock, the man who ultimately becomes the giant-toothed Venom after joining with an alien symbiote. The film’s first teaser […]

Turns out Spider-Man won't be the only character pretty much absent from Sony's upcoming movie Venom.

Seems like Venom won't be in it much either. Apparently the non-Hardy full Venom won't appear until the finale.

Comment

Those involved in the making of “Avengers: Infinity War” have made it quite clear that with the contracts of various cast members coming to an end, numerous characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe will be killed off – permanently. Which ones, of course, is a guessing game with the likes of Chris Hemsworth’s Thor or […]

When talking about his contract expiring with Avengers 4, Chris Evans has said "You want to get off the train before they push you off"

And the new trailer for Deadpool 2:

Comment

“Into the Badlands” and “Iron Fist” star Lewis Tan has confirmed he will be playing the X-Force mercenary Shatterstar in the upcoming “Deadpool” sequel. In the comics, Shatterstar is a genetically engineered, time-traveling and dimension-hopping warrior from Mojoworld who became a founding member of X-Force. He’s also gay in the comics, a decision his original […]

Lewis Tan will play X-Force member Shatterstar in Deadpool 2.

Meanwhile, the Russo's say fans are completely wrong if they think Avengers 4 will be Avengers 3 Part 2.

New posters are also out coloured like five of the six Infinity Stones:

Comment

Marvel Studios has begun principal photography in Los Angeles on its 1990s set “Captain Marvel” film with shooting to take place around the greater Los Angeles area along with Fresno and several locations in Louisiana including Baton Rouge and New Orleans. As part of a press release regarding the announcement, the full major cast list […]

Agent Coulson and Ronin will get new screen time in Captain Marvel

Comment

Working...
                                X