No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We saw it last night. Girlfriend enjoyed it more than me. Standard Marvel stuff basically.

Comment

Can someone give me a short answer to this, without spoilers?

Do the events in the movie have any major relevance to what's coming next? Given that it must be a prequel as Black Widow's dead and her character arc was kinda over too.

Like we went to see Captain Marvel because Marvel insisted you had to see it, as she'd play a big part in Endgame, but that ended up being kinda untrue (like you would've been fine with her appearance in Endgame as long as you roughly knew who/what she was). As this one will likely come to Disney+ "for free" I've been holding off on it.

Comment

Yes..

Comment

Just got back from watching Black Widow in the flicks with the lad. Sexy lady assassins, explosions, joyo.

Red Guardian the fat, vodka swilling Russian superhero

was the best caricature of 'Ruskie' I've seen/heard since Gary Oldman chewed up the furniture in Black Ops, and watching Ray Winstone fighting his own internal battle to stop his Russian accent slipping into Bet365 cock-er-ney is worth the price of admission in itself. The

strained 'family' moments of the ex-sleeper cell members was strangely affecting,

and we also enjoyed Black Widow's

'sister', especially her piss-taking of Natasha's battle-posing.

Best character in it. Decent bit of schlock all round.

Comment

A side thought whilst it's in my mind before I go to see Black Widow - I like the theme for Loki: Very notable because despite its mass of content over 13 years the MCU still only has one good theme (Caps)

Comment

I would have said the Avengers one was good but it's not really a theme. More of a short sting. The Black Panther score had some memorable stuff though and felt quite different and I also have a vague recollection of really liking some synth stuff in Captain Marvel. But given the amount of films and how different some of the characters are and the potential, I don't think they have done much with their scores at all. They tend to be very bland overall.

Comment

I got chills when the Marvel theme started when I watched Loki!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  I got chills
                  They're multiplying.

Comment

Yep, the Avengers one is the only other memorable one and it feels like it's due to how heavily it's been used rather than actually being decent

Comment

Leveraging your new brands:

Comment

Additional - Hats off to Black Widow. It was definitely much better than I expected it to be, even if not a top tier threat. I kind of feel like even though you do get a farewell showcase for Natasha you still kind of don't move the needle too far with her, instead it feels very much like it's opening up the world in her circle for things beyond that one character. Everyone is pretty good except for Winston who's utterly awful in his role and really shame on Marvel for weakening the role squeezing him in where he clearly poorly fits. But, a really solid film where it doesn't shy too much from the trauma of her past which I appreciate as it made it feel like a yank on you guts at times despite the long term knowledge of her past.

Comment

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR “LOKI” SEASON FINALE. The sixth and final episode of “Loki” has been released on Disney+ and surprisingly did not end up being another case of a “Mephisto in WandaVision” no show. The series bent away from the more self-contained and story ending option of another Loki variant being revealed as the person […]

Link contains spoilers but the long and short is that Marvel have confirmed there will be Loki: Season 02

Comment

People online were going on about how the last episode of Loki was amazing...

were we watching different shows?

I mean the show has been a bit high-concept and talky throughout, so it's not that... It just seemed a bit underwhelming.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              People online were going on about how the last episode of Loki was amazing...

were we watching different shows?

I mean the show has been a bit high-concept and talky throughout, so it's not that... It just seemed a bit underwhelming.

It's been like that for the last few episodes. Loads of comments about it out Doctoring Doctor Who which is true if you consider the lull that show is enduring at the moment. I enjoyed it all more than I did Falcon but three shows in and I feel it's pretty much a set bar now that evidences they can be fun but they'll always be side-dishes. Despite what half the internet thinks:

Absolutely nothing in show suggested Loki will be anywhere near Doctor Strange 2, you also blatantly don't have to have seen this to follow Strange 2 or Spider-Man 3 either. Like WandaVision and Falcon, this is added context to a straightforward plot point in the films and nothing more.

It's clearly going to be the way forward now but at the same time it feels like it has a definite impact on how well the series land in terms of investment and impact - especially given how consequence shy the MCU is already

So yeah, a fun show and I'm happy to watch Season 02 when it lands but people have definitely been overblowing the praise and theories.

Comment

Actually enjoyed Falcon more than Loki by the end

Comment

Working...
                                X