No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well yeah okay but this will end day 1 streaming options.

Comment

No it won’t. It just needs to be negotiated accordingly and built into contracts.

Comment

Which Disney are big enough to simply say like it or lump it now this is how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          No it won’t. It just needs to be negotiated accordingly and built into contracts.
          Im assuming she is getting the money for the cinema run. Unfortunately all films are down and will be for the rest of the year. It's just bad timing for every film and unfortunate if that was her contract and a pandemic ruined it.

Should she get some disney plus money? Perhaps. I doubt the number of people spending £20 to unlock it is that significant anyway and it's not worth damaging her relationship with Disney regardless.

Comment

It’s a rank move by Disney. Pisspoor. I’m not an ambassador for greed at all. However, their attempts to reverse-ferret are woeful.

In other news noone asked to hear:

Loki picked up. A lot. Episodes 3 to 5 were great. The lass Loki was excellent. It felt like it had direction. The final episode was rather weak. The dude acting the great big designer type just didn’t sell it to me. There’s a time and a place for kitschy bluster. That wasn’t it. Not a great character.

Black Widow was a good entry. It was more like a spy/Bourne film with Marvel references weaved in. Another example of Marvel stepping off the plate and presenting something a little bit different, tonally. Chew on that, Neon! Mind, I got major Winter Soldier vibes in a few places.
            Last edited by prinnysquad; 04-08-2021, 22:44.

Comment

Black Widow was a bit of a suprise in that way, the opening 10 or so minutes in particular stood out tonally against the usual MCU stuff

If you didn't like Loki's big bad reveal you won't be happy for Phase 4, 5 and possibly 6...

Comment

It’s not the reveal that disappointed. It’s pretty obvious what they are getting at. I just didn’t like the tone of that character presented so far. This clickbait probably best explains it: https://www.cbr.com/loki-actors-nail...led-roles-mcu/

Comment

Yup, reading that through I'd agree with all ten of its points. The strong bits are strong but the wasted ones really are wasted

Comment

A week after Scarlett Johansson’s lawsuit against Disney over her “Black Widow” compensation was filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, chatter about the case has not calmed down. SAG-AFTRA president Gabrielle Carteris weighed in on Friday with a lengthy statement blasting Disney saying: “Nobody in any field of work should fall victim to surprise reductions […]

If right, it sounds like Disney does include Disney+ Premier takings along with box office takings when calculating overall box office takings and bonuses which if so means Johansson's lawsuit is likely dead in the water. The premise would solely then be that she believes the film would have made more on cinema exclusively than it did cinema and D+ combined.

The trouble is, looking at the box office of other releases launched via both models... no, no it wouldn't have, unless she feels the world was anticipating Black Widow more than the likes of Fast 9 which would be kind of delusional.

Comment

Yep but where something like this can get very messy is in the argument that Disney benefited well beyond the takings in the form of Disney+ subscriptions and promotion. But even if the film would have made less at the cinema instead of also being on Disney+ (which it certainly could have), if the contract was found to be substantially breached, the amounts made may not even matter. Things actually working out better doesn’t give a legal excuse for breach of contract. It’s cases like these that end up being more about just lawyers making work for each other for huge pay checks. Whoever loses here, the lawyers all win.

Comment

I bet they wish they released it mid covid with Tenet and put it on premier access later.

Comment

With Spider-Man fans eagerly anticipating a Spider-Man MCU movie where Peter Parker finally isn't effectively Iron Man we get another glimpse of one of the Spider-Man: No Way Home suits:

Spider-Doctor Strange-Man!

Comment

I said that back on page 118!

Comment

Spoiler relating to Morbius:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/morbius...d-by-director/
                              The Director of Morbius has mentioned the appearance of Tom Hardy in the film which now looks to confirm that Morbius and Venom co-exist in the same universe. The trailer for the film had previously shown us Michael Keaton as Vulture which by extension now seems to cement that Spider-Man, Morbius and Venom all co-exist within the MCU without the multiverse being used to bring them together.

Comment

A few days ago some eagle-eyed film fans spotted that Sony Pictures was quietly delaying “Venom: Let There Be Carnage” in some international markets by about a month. Unsurprisingly, the United States is following suit with the Sony Pictures Marvel release being pushed back from September 24th to October 15th. The rise of the Delta […]

Disney have confirmed that Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings will be holding to its release date, the confirmation comes as Sony confirms that Venom: Let There Be Carnage is being delayed by a month to 15 October.

… I'm totally not going to get to see GB3 this year...

Comment

Working...
                                X