No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of the original Avengers from Joss Whedon’s 2012 film, three of them are gone from the MCU – Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson. Two of the other three – Chris Hemsworth and Mark Ruffalo – seem intent on sticking around for now. So what about Jeremy Renner? The actor’s upcoming “Hawkeye” series […]

Renner says he'll happily ride out the next decade as Hawkeye as long as Marvel will have him

Comment

Comment

Tom Holland ain’t giving up Spider-Man anytime soon – at least according to the franchise’s producer Amy Pascal. There have been lingering questions about the future of Spider-Man after next month’s “Spider-Man: No Way Home” which effectively completes actor Tom Holland’s obligations to his “Spider-Man” contract. In addition, the actor told GQ recently he’s thinking […]

Amy Pascal has confirmed that Sony and Marvel will continue to produce future films together and are now beginning work ahead of Spider-Man: Homecoming 4, Spider-Man: Homecoming 5 and Spider-Man: Homecoming 6. She also hints that Sony's 'Venomverse' films will remain in a separate universe from the mainline Marvel films with nods and crossovers of the likes we're beginning to see being the main connection between the two.

Comment

I haven't seen the Venom films.

Question - as they don't directly involve Spider-man, how do they resolve the character looking like Spider-man in the story?

I'm not an expert on the comics, but I remember in the animated show, Venom came to earth and the first human he bonded with was Peter Parker; when Parker eventually cast Venom off, Venom had grown accustomed to "being" Spider-man, as well as believing that form superior to those of the other humans he bonded with, so he imitated Spider-man's appearance and fighting style.

In the new Venom movies, does Venom just look like that?

Comment

Yeah, he does but without the Spider symbol and obvious web-slinging, he doesn’t actually look like the origin was Spider-Man in any way so it works.

Comment

Yep, it's largely relied on that his broad appearance and that of the other symbiotes we see are broadly typical. That way Venom could only get the web slinging and chest icon if he ever crosses path with Parker which hasn't come to pass... yet.

The interesting side note of how they've set this up now is that having Venom and Morbius reside in a different universe than the main MCU is that that universe still doesn't have an established Peter Parker. It could be misdirection but the fact Spider-Man artwork and Keaton appear in the Morbius trailer - that also references Venom - is interesting.

Comment

Leaked art for Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  Leaked art for Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness

It looks so copy and paste that I wonder if this is legit. The next Dr. Strange is out next year so we'll see how much of it comes to fruition or otherwise.

Comment

Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige has confirmed that actor Charlie Cox will be the MCU’s Matt Murdock/Daredevil should the character return at some point. Feige confirmed the casting with Cinema Blend this weekend during the “Spider-Man: No Way Home” press tour, his first official comment about Cox’s potential to reprise the role he played in […]

Feige confirms that when Daredevil arrives in the MCU they will be using Charlie Cox, a confirmation of long assumed rumour

Comment

EXCLUSIVE: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings filmmaker Destin Daniel Cretton has entered into an exclusive multi-year overall deal with Disney companies Marvel Studios and Hulu‘s Onyx Collective. The filmmaker is already in development with Marvel Studios on a new MCU series for Disney+. At the same time, Disney has made it official that […]

Disney has confirmed that the director of the first film has signed on to make an unannounced Disney+ MCU series in addition to Shang-Chi 2

Comment

Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige recently revealed his intentions for bringing Tom Hardy's Venom into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and what fans can expect.

Kevin Feige talks about bringing Holland's Peter Parker and Hardy's Venom together

Comment

Watched No Way Home yesterday. I wkn't go into spoilers but it was the one of three I enjoyed the most even if it continues the run of things whereby the plotting and characterisation remains weaker than what came before it. There are lots of great individual moments though

Comment

They could have just had two hours of Maguire’s cry face and you would have said it was better than the others. They could have just had one shot of him winking at the camera while everything else was exactly like the Tom Holland ones and you would have said it was better. We know what you wanted from this!

(I am working on the assumption that he’s in it of course…)

Comment

I'll just say... Holland is very good in this but he wasn't my favourite... and... the answer to that isn't what you'll be assuming

Comment

I thought I was done with Marvel after Black Widow and Shang Chi. I didn’t even watch Eternals but oh my days this new Spider-Man flick was incredible. Tom Holland was fantastic. I knew a bit going in from trailers and thought it would end up being a right mess but this was the Infinity War to Spiderman across the last 20 years. Top top film.

Comment

Working...
                                X