No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched Eternals last night and that movie had a stick up its butt the whole time. It just all felt so wooden. And way too much of nothing going on for a large chunk of it. I can see why they had a tough time marketing it - to their credit, it’s clear they didn’t want to give away much of what the movie is actually about. But I feel that difficulty was also in the film itself, with elements ultimately being redundant and yet still needing to get wrapped up regardless. Considering the number of characters, they didn’t do a bad job at helping us get to know them but I found most of them pretty dull and maybe the others would have had a chance to shine on a smaller team. The one highlight was the Bollywood valet guy.

It’s good that Marvel movies can be their own thing and great that they try different things but, when most of them (in spite of any other flaws) are so fun to watch, it’s hard for me not to compare here when this one wasn’t.

Comment

The trailer for Moon Knight

Comment

Looks interesting. I'll definitely give it a shot.

Comment

That’ll be one for Disney+ for me.

Comment

It is a series isnt it? I just saw that someone from Moon Knight died in a skiing accident. Tragic and cruel timing.

Comment

Army of Thieves raised an easy casting out for Marvel for Wolvering if they fancy, Stuart Martin

Comment

Filmmaker James Gunn may be receiving a ton of acclaim for his new DC superhero TV series “Peacemaker,” but right now he’s occupied with being in the middle of production of the film “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” for Marvel Studios. Speaking with the Hero Nation podcast, Gunn confirmed this is very much a […]

James Gunn reconfirms that his original plan remains in place for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 and that it is a full closing chapter for the characters. Should Disney decide to make Vol.4 it would be with a new team of characters and a new production crew.

Comment

Dakota Johnson is in talks to play the title character in S.J. Clarkson’s “Spider-Man” spin-off film “Madame Web” at Sony Pictures. The Marvel Comics character is a clairvoyant mutant who specializes in predicting the future of Spider-themed superheroes and is usually depicted as a blind, paralyzed old woman surrounded by a web-like machine necessary to […]

Sony is in talks to cast Dakota Johnson in the lead role of Madame Web

Comment

“In the Heights” star Anthony Ramos has been cast in Marvel Studios’ “Ironheart” series for the Disney+ service. Dominique Thorne stars as Riri Williams, a genius inventor who builds her own advanced suit of armor and follows in Iron Man’s footsteps. Thorne will first appear in character in the currently filming “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever”. […]

Anthony Ramos, In the Heights, has been added to the cast of Disney+ series Ironheart

Russell Crowe has joined the cast of the “Kraven the Hunter” movie at Sony Pictures and Marvel according to THR. Aaron Taylor-Johnson signed a multi-picture deal to star in the feature based on the famed Spider-Man villain and Russian big-game hunter character. Plot details are under wraps, however many of the main characters are said […]

And Russell Crowe has the distinction of not just being on the list of actors to play roles in both the DCU and the MCU, but also to play two roles in the MCU. In addition to playing Zeus in Thor: Love and Thunder he has now also been cast in a role for Kraven the Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      https://www.darkhorizons.com/dakota-...ys-madame-web/
                      Sony is in talks to cast Dakota Johnson in the lead role of Madame Web
                      Always hated this character in the cartoon. Something about it. She's always bleating about Spider-Man being "the chosen one" and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        I watched Eternals last night and that movie had a stick up its butt the whole time. It just all felt so wooden. And way too much of nothing going on for a large chunk of it. I can see why they had a tough time marketing it - to their credit, it’s clear they didn’t want to give away much of what the movie is actually about. But I feel that difficulty was also in the film itself, with elements ultimately being redundant and yet still needing to get wrapped up regardless. Considering the number of characters, they didn’t do a bad job at helping us get to know them but I found most of them pretty dull and maybe the others would have had a chance to shine on a smaller team. The one highlight was the Bollywood valet guy.

It’s good that Marvel movies can be their own thing and great that they try different things but, when most of them (in spite of any other flaws) are so fun to watch, it’s hard for me not to compare here when this one wasn’t.
                        Saw it last night, Basically awful and easily the worst Marvel movie so far and I agree that the Bollywood actor chap was the only joy in the entire movie.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Interesting guest appearance in that Doctor Strange trailer. Not sure it's what I'd want but it definitely has me curious.

Comment

FYI - Just from this new trailer there are a lot of little spoilers being discovered and shared online now

Comment

Working...
                                X