No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess there might be a sense within Marvel that echoes what many of us have wondered all the way through this MCU: will the cow eventually stop laying golden eggs? They have to have thought about it and are likely expecting it. It's inevitable at some point. Things change - if the movies don't change, the audience will. At certain points, they have to try new things (and possibly separate things) if they are to survive beyond that, even if it risks those new things being a failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      will the cow eventually stop laying golden eggs?
      They're definitely scraping the barrel when they make a film about a super cow that lays golden eggs!

Comment

I googled and there is a Marvel vampire cow (Hellcow) but I can’t verify it laying golden eggs.

Comment

I googled and there is a Marvel vampire cow (Hellcow) but I can’t verify it laying golden eggs.
          I struggled too, tbh.

This is the closest I got:

Comment

Marvel fans may finally have learned what the title of the highly-anticipated sequel to Avengers: [...]

A Cinematography who has worked on every Russo directed Marvel film may have leaked the name of the fourth Avengers movie which if true will be called Avengers: End Game

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              A Cinematography who has worked on every Russo directed Marvel film may have leaked the name of the fourth Avengers movie which if true will be called Avengers: End Game
              I hope against hope that's not it, because after all of the secrecy, that would be a pretty **** title to go with.

Comment

I rewatched Black Panther last night. Enjoyed it even more the second time. An incredibly rich movie with some of the best characters in the Marvel movies for me. But man, I reckon there is a good juicy tell-all book to be written on what’s going on behind the scenes with Marvel’s effects. Some absolutely astounding design work and incredible shots and then some really ropey effects elsewhere. Hard to speculate on why (definitely not lack of talent or vision) but I’m really curious.

Comment

I rewatched Black Panther last night. Enjoyed it even more the second time. An incredibly rich movie with some of the best characters in the Marvel movies for me. But man, I reckon there is a good juicy tell-all book to be written on what’s going on behind the scenes with Marvel’s effects. Some absolutely astounding design work and incredible shots and then some really ropey effects elsewhere. Hard to speculate on why (definitely not lack of talent or vision) but I’m really curious.
                  Personally? I feel it's a willingness to change the movies at the last minute, right down-to-the-wire, in order to improve their pacing at the editing stage. The movies in general are paced extremely well, and I think that's one of the reasons why.

Comment

Yes, you could well be right. That was definitely my theory on the Hulk thing in Infinity War. And in Black Panther, the worst of the effects seemed to be in particular sequences which, yes, could well have been changed late in the process. So that makes a lot of sense. And if it came down to it, I’d prefer a better paced movie to one with just pretty effects.

Comment

End Game would feel somewhat empty given that's more what IW was about (they need to drop the War references too, they never really amount to that). Avengers: The McGuffin Paradox maybe?

Comment

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige has confirmed that there are plans to do a direct “Doctor Strange” sequel. Speaking with Cinema Blend as part of press rounds for “Ant-Man and the Wasp,” Feige hinted that another standalone adventure for the Sorcerer Supreme is coming. He says: “[Doctor] Strange, you know, whenever we do another Strange […]

Feige has confirmed that Marvel are going to release Doctor Strange 2

Comment

After the solo entry and his turn in Infinity War, Marvel would be daft to not capitalise on that. Bring it on.
                          Last edited by Paddy; 04-07-2018, 16:42.

Comment

A couple of updates today on a few upcoming Marvel projects in the wake of “Captain Marvel” having just wrapped production, “Spider-Man: Far from Home” having just begun filming, and “Ant-Man and the Wasp” currently dominating the box-office. First up, Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige was asked that with the Disney & Fox merger now […]

With the Disney/Fox merger now very close to being locked down Feige has once gain been asked about the X-Men and (for some reason) Fantastic Four. He says that until everything is 100% confirmed they still don't want to particularly consider anything too much but they do have some ideas. The plus is that this seems to confirm that the X-Men are MCU bound though at this point you have to assume we're looking at Phase 5 which is 2024 and beyond.

Comment

I'm a big Xmen comic fan and as much as I enjoy the films I think xmen is due a reboot. I think the films lack a sense of teamwork surrounding the xmen and personal conflict about 'being different'.

Comment

The Marvel Cinematic Universe apparently has plans extending all the way to 2024, but a new report [...]

Marvel have shuffled a few 2019-2022 MCU release dates and added another film into the slot cementing their 3 per year new rota. It's still unknown if the schedule includes Sony's Spider-Man entries which are hitting every other year so there could be more to add I'd imagine.

It seems pretty certain that movie 25 will be Guardians 3

Comment

Working...
                                X