No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney have added another series to its growing MCU Disney+ slate, this time it's Ms. Marvel

'Game of Thrones' star Kit Harington's next pic will be in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, joining one of Marvel and Kevin Feige's superhero franchises

Kit Harington is joining the MCU in an unspecified role, seen him in non-GoT stuff and he wasn't good in those things so hopefully either he's not that central or Marvel drag more out of him.

Comment

The briefest of potato cam footage from D23 of Black Widow, not anything spoilery or doesn't make it look like any other action film out there yet so safe enough

Comment

Leaked Phase 4 trailer but doesn't contain any new footage:

Comment

Two more Disney+ shows added to the lineup just now making new film announcements tomorrow look likely:

-Moonknight
          -She Hulk

Apparently, after the Ms Marvel event series, that character will migrate into the MCU films
          Last edited by Neon Ignition; 23-08-2019, 23:35.

Comment

Comment

Feels like they are burning through potential movie characters in their TV shows. I mean, I know they have a lot of characters (I have Lego Marvel Superheroes 2) but they start to get really rubbish really quickly.

Comment

Considering how short term Phase Four is as well it's a lot for people to digest, especially considering the more limited audience numbers that will see these compared to the films. Really, they really need Marvel TV to not add to this pile given this already doesn't even reference the existing shows on the air

Comment

Yeah it’s a lot. But it seems they are really going all-in with this service in terms of doing anything (and sinking any amount of money) to build a large subscriber base quickly. They have already proven it as a need for Marvel fans.

Comment

I can only imagine the rush going on at the Disney+ offices, I think the service still lacks a launch date in most countries as they're said to be tied up due to pre-existing deals with other companies that need to expire so in the meantime it'll likely be a Disney+ vs Netflix vs Piracy battle

Comment

She Hulk?? Thats gunna take some work because its a terrible character.

Comment

Almost every Marvel character is as good or bad as each other when it comes to translating them to the MCU because they have had so many varied runs in the comics and so many incarnations that there is no true one character for any of them and they can pretty much do what they want in the MCU. I mean, Thor.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          Almost every Marvel character is as good or bad as each other when it comes to translating them to the MCU because they have had so many varied runs in the comics and so many incarnations that there is no true one character for any of them and they can pretty much do what they want in the MCU. I mean, Thor.
                          I suppose. Plus, the MCU kinda built itself on Iron Man and Captain America; people have short memories. These characters were not heavy hitters when they first got going. Iron Man certainly had fans but in the mainstream he was always seen as a Batman also-ran, while Captain America was sometimes seen as jingoistic (it's actually impressive they've managed to avoid that).

The strength of the brand has been in taking the best elements of ideas with "mixed" heritage and making something good out of them.

Comment

That's exactly what I mean and it ties into what we were saying yesterday. It won't matter what She-Hulk was like in the comics because most people who might become fans of this new show won't know much about that She-Hulk at all. If they become fans, it will be of this new MCU She-Hulk. There is still a part of me that thinks it can't last forever but, so far, Marvel has been able to take a character from just about any tier and make something interesting from them in the MCU.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              That's exactly what I mean and it ties into what we were saying yesterday. It won't matter what She-Hulk was like in the comics because most people who might become fans of this new show won't know much about that She-Hulk at all. If they become fans, it will be of this new MCU She-Hulk. There is still a part of me that thinks it can't last forever but, so far, Marvel has been able to take a character from just about any tier and make something interesting from them in the MCU.
                              This all makes me fascinated to see what they eventually do with the X-Men material.

Iron Man might have had a lot going for him in the comics, but on the surface, the character and band were quite shallow. Billionaire, has power armour, fights supervillains. Probably the most interesting thing about him thematically was that in some of his comics, he was an "outed" super-hero, as in everyone in his fictional universe knows who and what he is.

Captain America again, has a lot going for it for fans, but on the surface, shallow. He's a super-soldier who was created to fight the Nazis. Oh, and he has a shield.

These are both reductionist. That's kinda the point. The "snapshot" of the character is pretty straightforward, so I think they were probably easier targets for Marvel to reinvent.

The X-Men isn't like that. Even on the surface, the brand is about using super-heroes as a metaphor to talk about two things; those being puberty and racism/xenophobia. The strength of it didn't really lie in the storytelling (though that was certainly a factor); it was about seeing how this cast of misfit characters approached those situations, and worked together (or sometimes against each other).

I really think it would work better as a Game of Thrones style megaseries than as movies. Plus it would allow us to finally forget Mutant X existed.

Comment

For the record, I've always liked She-hulk (especially her stint in FF) and Red She-hulk, is alright too.

Comment

Working...
                                X