No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney is so successful that it's $71m stocks and cash bid to merge with Fox is already up in value to $90m.

Nabbed this via Era as well, an infograph of what the Disney Empire would look like:

Comment

Cate Shortland, the Australian director perhaps best known for the Nazi drama 'Lore,' has signed on to direct 'Black Widow,' Marvel’s action-adventure project that will star Scarlett Johansson.

Word is that director Cate Shortland will helm the Black Widow movie which will...

Be set around 5 years before the events of The Avengers, in the mid-2000's

Comment

New image of Venom released

Comment

There are another eight months to go before “Captain Marvel” opens and just over ten before we find out who will survive in the fourth “Avengers” film. With no further projects opening this year, Marvel Studios is expected to stay very quiet for the next six months or so with little to share about their […]

Feige says that Avengers 4 will offer a definitive ending to the overall arc started with the original Iron Man

Comment

Comcast have formally bowed out of the bidding for Fox. This means that it's 99% locked that Disney will merge with Fox instead and that the X-Men are coming to the MCU

Comment

Marvel & Netlix's marial arts superhero is coming back to the streaming service for a second season it was made official at SDCC today

Iron Fist will tentatively and nervously stick his head above the trench lines again on Netflix for Season 2 on 07 September 2018

Comment

I should love Iron Fist, being the Fu fan that I am, but that shakycam action just puts me right off.
                One of the thing Daredevil was praised for was its excellent fight scenes that didn't need to resort to shaking the camera.

You watch any episode of Into The Badlands and that one episode probably has more well-framed action than the whole series of Iron Fist. :/

Also, I've lost my way with the Marvel Shows because everybody says they're poor to middling at best.
                Luke Cage? More like Luke Warm ! AmIright? Guys? Guys?

Comment

Uggghhh... James Gunn has been fired by Disney for old offensive tweets. He’s off Guardians 3. The tweets are crazy old, they were clearly unearthed as an attack for his views on Trump and if they were about almost anything else I’d be saying this is ridiculous. They were obviously designed to shock at the time and, in all the stuff going on, I haven’t heard anything to imply the guy is a problem. But the subject matter of the tweets, I couldn’t defend them. But I’m disappointed.
                  Last edited by Dogg Thang; 20-07-2018, 19:49.

Comment

This is a big one. James Gunn has been dropped as Director of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 after online social media users dug out old tweets and messages of his containing off colour comments and references to rape and pedophilia.
                    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 20-07-2018, 21:53.

Comment

I was about to post this [MENTION=345]Superman Falls[/MENTION].

Absolutely bonkers.

Comment

The various articles I’ve read so far suggest Brass Eye style satire and/or deliberately outrageous jokes to provoke a reaction. This could be totally wrong as I haven’t seen them myself.

Most disappointing if Disney are kowtowing to the faux outrage of some right wing ****ehawk with a history of BS.

Comment

It’s sad that trail by the kangaroo court of social media can hold such sway even at the highest levels. I guess it just goes to show that you really do have to watch every single word you type, in case some frothing maniac trawls it up decades down the line to use it against you. It’s depressing that it allows no growth of a person, no development of views, and no maturity of understanding.

I wonder if Disney intend to airbrush the jizzing cocks out of the skies of their animations (or whatever the accusations are)?

Comment

Yeah this is where this one gets tricky. By all accounts the tweets were made known 6 years ago and he apologised and Disney made several films with him. He’s the same guy now he was a few days ago before he was fired so what has changed? If anything, the guy seems to have become very progressive - exactly why he was targeted by a guy who seems more dangerous. And Disney still have Depp and others who have done more than make jokes. So this feels like a messy one.

And yet I look at the actual tweets and they are absolutely reprehensible so my other question is how come he wasn’t dropped six years ago? They have to have been hard to justify, even as jokes. Whatever the answer is, he wasn’t and that was a choice that was made and it doesn’t feel quite right to undo that now. I must admit I’m torn on it.

Comment

I’ve read what you’ve put there three times now, Dogg. I agree with every word. However, it reads like the only thing keeping you torn is the content of the tweets. I’ve read them too. They’re stupidly unfunny and misguided - the idiotic ramblings of an attention seeker.

Yet, the hypocrisy really grates. If Disney genuinely gave a toss, he would’ve been dropped in 2012. They didn’t. They still don’t, they’ve just soiled themselves because someone’s made a fuss and they don’t have the courage to stand by their initial decision. It’s for that reason I’m not particularly torn. If the tweets were new, then I’d agree with an immediate sacking. If they’d only been unearthed for the first time, then I’d genuinely be torn about what to do. But this is old news, Disney made their call years ago, and it’s piss weak of them to have made that bed and now refuse to lie in it. They look incompetent and spineless.

Comment

I think this sort of thing is going to become a lot more prevalent over the next few years, until it either gets normalised or we end up ostracising many people who were adults on the internet between ~1998 and 2008. The previous generation didn't have this problem, and the children of that generation won't make the same mistake en masse, because they've grown up with the expectation that crap they've said aged 14 will show up when they're going for a job interview aged 33, but the "in-betweeners" in this case are going to be in bother.

Comment

Working...
                                X