The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
    Me and the lad have started to get into all this enjoyable nonsense and I bought him the Marvel Encyclopaedia. A ludicrously vast and lovely thing it is. Anyway, he's been reading it and comes to me with, "Dad, the most common words in this whole book seems to be 'resurrected' and 'comeback'".
    "No-one stays dead, apart from Batman's parents and Spider-man's uncle."

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      "No-one stays dead, apart from Batman's parents and Spider-man's uncle."
      Seems a bit unfair, that.

Comment

They'll resurrect Uncle Ben eventually, Goblin needs that rice recipe

Comment

Took me way, way too long to get that.

Comment

The Eternals don't click with me in comic form.

Big-haired lass snooting around looking down on royalty.
            King can't speak or he'll level a city.
            Dog with a tuning fork on his head.

However, I couldn't get into the Guardians of the Galaxy comic either and the films are brilliant.

I'm actually excited that they're planning a proper interwoven story arc, rather than accidentally starting one like in Phase 1.

I recently watched Thor 2 with my son. I can't remember what's next!

Comment

You need the OP, I'm still tracking this in timeline order as well on there

Eternals is even Marvel's second choice of project, the whole thing only happened because they had to abandon the Immortals movie after Marvel TV pushed ahead without them and made that god awful series version. After that they scrapped the project and Eternals simply seemed like an easy swap.

Comment

Wait, are these related? Or are they the same thing? I know nothing about the Eternals but I remember seeing clips from that TV show and I know them mostly from Lego Super Heroes 2. Are they the same characters in the movie?

Comment

Totally got the name wrong, meant to say The Inhumans

Marvel announced The Inhumans movie ahead of Phase 3 with Vin Diesel leading it, Marvel TV was running independently from Marvel then and very much grating against them so rushed to adapt it themselves resulting in the reviled series version we got. Stuff like that led Marvel to take over all TV content killing off every now non-canon existing show (barring Agent Carter which Feig had been involved in) and them scrapping the film project. They're effectively a family of mutants in a way living in secret across the ages who get involved with the modern era via the Fantastic Four. Eternals was stepped in as the replacement project and seems to fill a similar role with some thinking it'll lead into the announced Fantastic Four movie.

Comment

Ah okay. So similar concept but not supposed to be the same characters, right? Both the Inhumans and the Eternals totally seemed to pass me by in the comics.

Comment

Yep, different set of characters but it seems like they will serve a similar purpose of helping Marvel to slowly introduce hero's from more... mutant style angles.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        Too much faith Slap a DC logo on there and everyone would hate it
                        Slap a DC logo on there and you’d be loving it!

Comment

So far it looks dull even by the lower DC standards

Comment

Sony Pictures Motion Group President Sanford Panitch says the upcoming “Spider-Man: No Way Home” will not just have big implications for Marvel Studios films (MCU), but also for Sony’s own Marvel films (SPUMC). It seems the new film will lay some groundwork that will impact the future of both cinematic universes and means could see […]

One of Sony's Chief's has confirmed that Spider-Man: No Way Home will have huge ramifications for the MCU and Sony's long in the works and blatantly always going to be part of it projects. He believes Sony and Disney's relationship with the Spider-verse will continue moving forward and rumours have emerged that the film will

begin Sony's long standing plan to build up the Sinister Six with Willem Dafoe returning as Green Goblin and both being the third Holland films villain and the leader of the Sinister Six. The rumour also suggests the rest of the Six is made up of the cast and villains of the other two Toby Maguire movies and the two Garfield entries too.

Comment

Elizabeth Olsen’s debut as Wanda Maximoff in “Avengers: Age of Ultron” saw her character given a heavy east European accent due to her coming from the fictional country of Sokovia. As the films went on, her accent got toned down more and more until making a comeback somewhat in parts of “WandaVision” whereas most of […]

Olsen has confirmed that in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness it isn't just Wanda returning, it's her accent too

Comment

An animatic has been released for an action sequence that has been planned for long-cancelled Spider-Man 4

Comment

Working...
                                X