The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

The totally unnecessary running theme of titles for Spider-Man films continues as the third films final title is revealed

Comment

Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige participated in his first-ever Television Critics Association panel earlier today, appearing from the set of the currently shooting “Ms. Marvel” to talk about the future of the studio on Disney+ and beyond. Audiences are awaiting the last two episodes of “WandaVision” which has been a big hit. It, along with all […]

Feige reconfirms that Deadpool 3 will remain r-rated but no other projects the studio has worked on has raised the question of also having a higher rating suggesting therefore that Blade will skew to be in tone with the rest of the films in the MCU.

Disney+ has set premiere dates for various shows across the spring and summer today including some high profile new titles. Three were very big announcements with the first being that Marvel’s “Loki,” starring Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson, has been set for a June 11th premiere. Next is that the animated “Star Wars: The Bad […]

Loki: Season 01 will debut on 11 June 2021.

Comment

WandaVision: Episode 08
          Fine enough episode. I imagine it's popping a few fan brain nerve muscles that it turns out...

The X-Men aren't coming, Ultron isn't sitting in sight and that the big reveal was it actually all was exactly what we assumed it was from the trailer pre-Episode 01. I enjoyed the fleshing out of Wanda's history from Age of Ultron and weaving in the reasoning for the show elements though.

Only one episode left...

Comment

Just started so 7 of WV.

Really loving the series.

Comment

Just finished episode 8.

Final episode is going to be interesting.

Comment

Melissa McCarthy and husband Ben Falcone have been spotted filming scenes for the upcoming “Thor: Love & Thunder” which is currently shooting in Sydney, Australia. Photos and videos from the set at The Daily Mail indicate the new film is going to continue the “Thor: Ragnarok” gag of a troupe of Asgardian actors acting out […]

Melissa McCarthy will appear in Thor: Love and Thunder as Fake Hela, another actor in the Thor actors group

Comment

Rapper and actor T.I. will not be returning for the upcoming “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania” at Marvel Studios. The actor played Dave who, alongside fellow ex-cons Luis (Michael Pena) and Kurt (David Dastmalchian), helped Paul Rudd’s Scott Lang/Ant-Man in both previous films. It’s no clear if his exit is related to recent accusations levelled […]

Also T.I won't be returning for Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.

Comment

WandaVision: Episode 09
                    So, all finished now and it ended up running entirely as expected. I think in terms of non-spoiler stuff I think the show has set the template for these shows up really well. This was a world and away above any of the previous abandoned canon shows and so much more in line with the tone and execution of the films. Likewise though, I think whilst it did a great job of letting you grow more attached to the characters - who up till now have had limited screen time - there is absolutely nothing essential about the series if you're solely a viewer of the films. The jump moving forward would be no different than we saw say from Hulk between Infinity War and Endgame. All that means is that whilst we can safely assume the upcoming future shows will be fun they're definitely unlikely to ever contain any events of any real meaning or weight to the overall MCU films.

They did a decent job with the execution of the face off, it seemed a bit mean for Vision to not mention to Wanda that the real Vision was alive and out there though.

They nailed the Scarlett Witch costuming and I assume the prophecy about ending the world is there to suggest that over the course of the next few phases and 2-3 Avengers movies we're going to see Wanda build her way to the universe destroying threat the comics have used her as (and therefore open the X-Men door in Phase 5/6).

Given Spider-Man: No Way Home is next - assuming multiverse rumours are correct - it'll be interesting to see how things join up given how unrelated Parker currently is

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      the upcoming future shows will be fun they're definitely unlikely to ever contain any events of any real meaning or weight to the overall MCU films.
                      Yep. Not going to watch Falcon & Winter Soldier until it's all out, so I can watch it in one go. No point in the weeks of mystery wondering where it's gonna go if where it's gonna go is...

bad guy appears, hero fights and defeats bad guy, plot developments can be summarised in one sentence.

Comment

I think that's a good thing though. As I said before, I'd hate to go into the films knowing I should have watched a random selection of series episodes to understand whats going on.

Comment

Same. I guess it’s hard to find that line though. I’ve been reading all your spoilers and don’t feel the need to watch the show but I wonder what it would have taken for me to watch it. I think I’m far more inclined to watch the Winter Soldier show precisely because it does look like a continuation of the movies. I have no idea if it will be essential viewing.

Comment

I think it comes from the shows now acting as expansions of the films arcs rather than exploring uncharted corners of the MCU where there could be more free reign storywise.

Like for Falcon I imagine he'll be in his next film appearance happily using Caps shield as the audience would expect. His entire TV conflict over it only existing and being resolved entirely contained within those episodes so again making it interesting but also somewhat irrelevant.

Comment

Just finished WandaVision episode 9 and

I'm in absolute pieces! Like, proper crying!!! The goodnight scene with the boys damn nearly killed me!

Comment

Wandavision has been an up and down thing for my wife and I. I liked nothing about the first three episodes, and the fact it took that long to finally get going with the story for me was ridiculous. Then I enjoyed most of episodes 4-8, the finale was a bit messy and anticlimactic. It’s not something I feel like I could recommend to anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X