No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like, for Deadpool, elements like that don't matter a damn. If it's fun and irreverent and full of laughs, that's job done. Now if they're desperately trying to conform it to the MCU, that could be where things fall apart, but everything I've seen so far suggests it's more true to the first two Deadpool films than to the current crop of Marvel movies, even with the presence of that crowd from the Loki show. Let's see how it pans out.

Comment

A report that Spider-Man: Home 4 starts filming in September and Zendaya will return alongside Holland

Comment

Raimi Talks Those "Spider-Man 4" Rumors - Dark Horizons
        Raimi says that despite the frequent rumours he's heard nothing from Marvel about making Spider-Man 4 yet

Comment

Comment

Comment

I mean, it's no Dune popcorn bucket...

Comment

Marvel Teases 2024/25 Slate At CinemaCon - Dark Horizons
                Thunderbolts has had its name officially changed to Thunderbolts*
                The added asterix won't be explained until after the film releases, for those happy to delve in speculation

It's been knocked around for a while that the film is an origin film for The Dark Avengers

A clip from Captain America: Brave New World was shown in which President Ross argues with Sam over restarting the Avengers Initiative, telling Sam to do his job as he's no Steve Rogers.

Comment

There was a really good run of events in the 2000s that flowed from one to another and heavily influenced the Marvel films.
                  After Civil War, you have a great series of The Mighty Avengers.

Following that, the Illuminati (Stark, Fantastic, Strange, Black Bolt, Xavier) decide Hulk is too dangerous and send him to a peaceful planet, but he hulksmashes the controls and ends up on a gladiator planet.

After he escapes slavery, Hulk returns to Earth, really pissed off to get revenge in World War Hulk.

As that winds up, we start getting hints that something's not right and it goes into the Secret Invasion storyline.

During these events, Norman Osborn is in charge of The Thunderbolts, a team of former bad guys trying to get redemption.
                  His team manages to defeat a Skrull attack and gets drawn into help repel the main invasion and bigs up his responsibility for saving the world and replaces Stark as head of S.H.I.E.L.D., which he renames H.A.M.M.E.R. and creates his own team of Avengers, attempting to create the nostalgia of the original team, using Daken as Wolverine, Bullseye as Hawkeye and so on.

You then get the Dark Reign run where Osborne is both trying to run H.A.M.M.E.R. whilst orchestrating The Cabal - a group of supers that want a bit of world domintaion (The Hood, Loki, Namor, Doctor Doom, Emma Frost) and it's delicious to see Osbourne slowly going crazy again with the pressure and organise his team of unbalanced misfits.

There are some great storylines too, like where Molecule Man takes over a whole town or where they fight Morgan le Fey and a team of demons or where Doom, Stark and The Sentry get sent back in time.

Proper golden run of comics there and I'm looking forward to seeing how the movies handle these events.

Check out those comics, if you get chance.

Comment

Michael Douglas Wants Out Of MCU - Dark Horizons
                    He just wants Pym to be put out of his misery

Comment

Working...
                    X