No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed, it doesn't look bad it just looks like the european locations are all that's new.

Comment

I had no idea Hydroman was in it. It would be a shame if they used him as a throw away character just to introduce Mysterio. That said, the sight of Spiderman getting slammed by a giant fist only reminds me of spiderman 3...

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        I had no idea Hydroman was in it. It would be a shame if they used him as a throw away character just to introduce Mysterio. That said, the sight of Spiderman getting slammed by a giant fist only reminds me of spiderman 3...
        Without having any idea who Hydroman is, are you sure that’s him? Looks like it’s more a rock guy in the first shot which made me think it was Sandman but obviously not given we see a water version too so maybe this is some Mysterious power? I’m not well up on my Spider-Man villains.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Without having any idea who Hydroman is, are you sure that’s him? Looks like it’s more a rock guy in the first shot which made me think it was Sandman but obviously not given we see a water version too so maybe this is some Mysterious power? I’m not well up on my Spider-Man villains.
          Can't say I noticed the rock guy. Maybe I'm wrong. Could be Mysterio fighting one of his manifestations to look good.

Comment

I’m out.

Comment

All the nominations for the 91st Academy Awards, which take place on 24 February at the Dolby theatre in Hollywood

Black Panther is the first superhero film to be nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars. Nice... but no.

Comment

It was a good movie. That elevates it above many Oscar nominations for me. If it weren't for Spider-Verse, I'd say it was the best superhero movie of the last year but Spider-Verse should have got more nominations.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  It was a good movie. That elevates it above many Oscar nominations for me. If it weren't for Spider-Verse, I'd say it was the best superhero movie of the last year but Spider-Verse should have got more nominations.
                  Animated, though. They never get the big categories; then again as time goes on, the celebration becomes less relevant and people become more aware it's a Hollywood circle-jerk.

Comment

It's interesting because on Pointless last night, the finalist couple chose films that have won more than one Oscar and I realised that I didn't really care if a film had won or not.

Comment

Being honest, I declared myself out of the Oscars back in the Out Of Africa days. Pretty sure the only film I have ever walked out of won an Oscar too.

Comment

I think the last time I remember a year with Oscar nominated movies that I'd seen and gleamed some enjoyment from was the year with King's Speech, Black Swan etc. With Black Panther, I could go with it being up for several nominations as there are areas it excelled in, just Best Picture I can't go for unless the bar for last year wasn't great. The film was merely alright.

Comment

Yep Oscars are a joke. Black Panther best picture - yeah right. Reminds me of the year when Al Pacino slept walked & hammed it up through Scent of a Woman for best actor ; contrast against Harvey Keitel in Bad Lieutenant - one of the best performances of the 90s & not even nominated

Funnily enough he was dudded again the following year for the Piano - not even nominated after another awesome performance.

Comment

Matt Smith has joined the cast of Morbius the Living Vampire

Also:

In the wake of three of their other Marvel shows being cancelled, Netflix’s second season of “The Punisher” and third season of “Jessica Jones” airing this year are now widely expected to be their final seasons. The second season of “The Punisher” launched last week and sadly it looks like its fate has been sealed. […]

It's fate seems sealed now, apparently the second season of The Punisher has received relatively poor audience and critical scores in addition to seeing a whopping 40% drop in viewers. An official confirmation of the shows cancellation is expected within the next few weeks.
                            Last edited by Neon Ignition; 25-01-2019, 07:24.

Comment

One problem with Netflix shows is that there is simply no hurry to watch them. I haven’t watched The Punisher and maybe it earned the drop off or maybe people would get to it eventually and its figures over five years would be really impressive.

Comment

Sony Pictures has set official release dates for its Spider-Man spinoff Morbius and Jason Reitman's new Ghostbusters.

Morbius release confirmed as 31 July 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X