Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We loved all of it!

Comment

I enjoyed it. It was intriguing and kept me interested. I don't think I'll ever want to watch it again, but I like how the Scarlet Witch ended up.

Comment

Sony Pictures has delayed “Venom: Let There Be Carnage” once again, this time pushing the Tom Hardy-led sequel back three months from June 25th to September 17th this year. Despite the re-opening of movie theaters in both Los Angeles and New York City, the release schedule isn’t expected to be able to handle too many […]

Sony has delayed Venom: Let There Be Carnage to 17 September 2021

That the delays from Sony are getting smaller, given they've been the most aggressive and correct evaluators of the theatre situation, bodes well for doors reopening in the coming months.

Comment

I laughed when I realised each WandaVision episode was 20 minutes of story and about 15 minutes of recap and credits, but with my viewing habits, I'll probably end up watching the Snyder Cut in 20 minute chunks over a the space of a month too.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            https://www.darkhorizons.com/venom-s...-to-september/
            Sony has delayed Venom: Let There Be Carnage to 17 September 2021

That the delays from Sony are getting smaller, given they've been the most aggressive and correct evaluators of the theatre situation, bodes well for doors reopening in the coming months.
            Good shout as the last thing that needs to happen is 4-5 major films come out within a month of each other. Give people time to return to cinemas and not make them a second home just yet.
            Last edited by Paddy; 21-03-2021, 15:25.

Comment

Falcon and the Winter Soldier: Episode 01
              What to say... this was decent. Nothing really essential happens but I think it does an excellent job of recreating the Captain America 2/3 filmmaking style within a TV format and the one action sequence in the episode was well done. I liked the baddie callback to Winter Soldier's opening as well, this is trying really hard to be a natural extension of the Cap trilogy and it looks like it meets that bar. Hopefully the plot will really rail along in the next episode.

Oh, not related to the show specifically but it shouldn't do as it's such a small thing but the five year gap where half the population being dusted being referred to as The Blip is really, really frickin' annoying. It's such a **** term that whoever came up with it should be removed from the writers room going forward. It's an incredibly poor descriptive term and hugely underplays the event whilst also not at all being believable that anyone would ever use the term. Imagine half your family or your children etc were suddenly vanished away from your lives and you spent half a decade of your life then dealing with the trauma of that loss, the global loss of life and believing that they were now forever dead before miraculously they were returned to you. Would anyone ever actually refer to that experience as... a blip?

I'm ranting now because it's in my head but also, though I know the MCU has superheroes to introduce as well as things to explode and skybeams to threaten the plot climaxes with but why don't they spend any time really exploring the effects of the 'blip'? As if it wasn't traumatic enough in the first time people I'm pretty sure it's established that everyone returns as they left like the band that reappears in Far From Home during a basketball game meaning millions of people would return in the absolute worst circumstances like all the people who vanished on flights that aren't there when they rematerialise at 15,000ft. It's nitpicking but I keep thinking of it when I'm watching post-MCU Endgame stuff because I feel it's the first proper time that the relative shallow qualities of Marvel's universe expose themselves.
              Last edited by Neon Ignition; 20-03-2021, 21:37.

Comment

Wandavision did that pretty well I recall

Comment

I think they addressed that everyone returned safely. It could be a miniseries in itself if they feel the need to plug the gap. There are bits in spiderman iirc which were good to see but yeah, could be fleshed out.

Comment

I think when you consider what would be involved in the Thanos snap alone, never mind bringing people back, it’s best not to overthink it or indeed think about it at all because it’s at the level of ‘a wizard did it’.

Comment

"Who's been messing up all my theories? It's been Asura All Along!"

"And I'll post about it in your little thread too, ha ha ha haa!"

Comment

Black Widow has been delayed till 09 July 2021 and will launch simultaneously in cinemas and on Disney+ as a $29.99 Premier title. This is planned to be a one off occasion though with Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings having been also delayed to 03 September 2021 with no streaming launch planned.

Comment

Not going to bother doing a post each episode of Falcon and the Winter Soldier. I don't think running thoughts work with the show as it's pretty clear that it doesn't have the same level of unpacking that WandaVision did. It looks like it's going to be a very straight forward affair given only 4 more episodes exist. The Lethal Weapon style banter is nice, hopefully there's more as it lightens the tone and helps make the show more likeable given the absense of Steve Rogers genuinely leaves a void.

Comment

Comment

Yeah I’m up for that one!

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                Not going to bother doing a post each episode of Falcon and the Winter Soldier. I don't think running thoughts work with the show as it's pretty clear that it doesn't have the same level of unpacking that WandaVision did. It looks like it's going to be a very straight forward affair given only 4 more episodes exist. The Lethal Weapon style banter is nice, hopefully there's more as it lightens the tone and helps make the show more likeable given the absense of Steve Rogers genuinely leaves a void.
                                Yeah; I think I'm gonna wait until this one wraps up then binge it.

Comment

Working...
                                X