No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I imagine it's better watched that way, like an extended length movie. Halfway in and it's losing me.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      I imagine it's better watched that way, like an extended length movie. Halfway in and it's losing me.
      Yeah; it didn't grab me, because...

... it feels like an "interstitial".

The end of Endgame made it clear that Sam is going to be the new Captain America. Like it'd be a shame if they genuinely went back on that.

I can't help but feel that the next major movie is already penned in with him as Cap, and then Disney really wanted a show, and they've had to look around the general area of the story and find out where they can hammer in a chisel and prise open to insert drama.

At present, from what I've seen, Wandavision actually did more to move the story on. F&WS feels almost like they walked the story backwards so they could stretch out the arc.

Comment

Yep, even then I'm doubtful it'll have justified that move either. By the end of WandaVision I felt much more involved in Wanda's character, I feel no draw to Sam at all as a result of Falcon. It still feels like the best option is to leave the Cap character behind completely.

Comment

Pinch of salt time with a rumour that Disney is planning an anthology show for Disney+ to introduce their Wolverine

Comment

As a warning on the link, Alfred Molina goes into some of the plotting of Spider-Man: No Way Home and how it weaves him into the new films plot but as an aside his wording does seem to confirm that the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy and the Amazing Spider-Man duo films are being woven into the MCU

Comment

This is looking pretty sweet.
              Action not only looks stable and free from shakeycam, but quite dynamic with panning and tracking shots.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                This is looking pretty sweet.
                Action not only looks stable and free from shakeycam, but quite dynamic with panning and tracking shots.

Well yeah, so many marital arts-centric films show the action clearly nowadays so why not do the same?

It'll become harder as Marvel continues to release films but if they can continue to offer something unique like this one seems to be I'll be interested in watching them (I feel more compelled to watch this than Black Widow atm).

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  (I feel more compelled to watch this than Black Widow atm).
                  For that movie, they've got to overcome the immense drag factor of that her story is over. I just have no interest in seeing more iterations of that character. Not to say it can't be great, it might be.

Comment

Falcon and the Winter Soldier
                    Just finished the last episode and...

was much like the series on the whole. Enjoyable but far from essential viewing and unlikely something I'm likely to sit down and watch through again. A bit like WandaVision, it's exactly what you think it's going to be and by the end wraps up in a way where viewing it isn't required for film only fans, it's mostly simply spending extra time with side characters in order to give a little more of a damn about them in future at this point. Going forward I'm assuming that this is all set up for Captain America 4 starring Sam as unless that is announced the point of his arc is undermined heavily

Perfectly timed edit:

Last edited by Neon Ignition; 23-04-2021, 21:21.

Comment

Filmmaker James Gunn has confirmed he has officially finished the first draft of the script for the “Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special” in the works for the Disney+ service. Gunn says he wrote the treatment for the television special years ago, but this first draft of the actual script is dated April 22nd 2021. […]

The script has been turned in for The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special which will air Xmas 2022 and is now confirmed to be canon and set between Thor: Love and Thunder and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Comment

This has me in stitches:

Comment

First leaked image of the final look for Ms. Marvel

Interested in how they frame this one as from what I know of the character, unless this series is set sometime way later than Endgame and all existing MCU content there's no reason anyone should know who Captain Marvel is let alone be a fan of hers.

Comment

Morbius Sony Pictures’ Marvel film “Morbius,” starring Jared Leto, has pushed back its release one week and will now open on January 28th 2022. Daniel Espinosa directs the film from a script penned by Burk Sharpless and Matt Sazama. Jared Leto, Matt Smith, Adria Arjona and Tyrese Gibson star. [Source: IGN] The Wonder Florence Pugh […]

Morbius has been set back one week to 28 January 2022

And by the looks of things Marvel is finally done waiting and delaying as they reveal a trailer that attempts to recapture audience interest in returning to cinemas whilst also reconfirming the future slate, additionally including confirmation that the second BP title is now Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, that the second CM is now titled The Marvels and including also the first footage of The Eternals.

Comment

The Marvels sounds like a group of Motown backing singers.

Comment

Gotta say, maybe it was the finality of Endgame, mixed with a bit of how I really just can't raise any excitement for Black Widow, alongside other factors like Chris Evans moving on, the sad loss of Chadwick Boseman, hell maybe even the pandemic and its effect on my general disposition at this stage...

... but at present, I'm really done with the Marvel films. I really needed the next phase to kick off with a proper revamp of The X-Men; instead we're getting what either feels like more-of-the-same, or stuff which dips into the aspects of comics of which I've never been the biggest fan (e.g. multiverse stuff where we'll see the older Spiderman versions show up so they can freely reboot/recast at a whim, kill anyone, "it's okay, we got the Captain America from Earth-62375 to help us"...).

Not to say I'm totally against it. I would love to see them pull it out of the bag. Just any momentum the franchise had, with me, has now stopped dead, and it's a standing-start all over again.

Comment

Working...
                                X