No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unsurprisingly Marvel Television’s supernatural spooker “Helstrom” has been cancelled after just one poorly received season at Hulu. The series was the last live-action project from former Marvel TV boss Jeph Loeb following “Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD,” “Inhumans” and the various Netflix series like “Daredevil” and “Jessica Jones” – all of which are now gone. Marvel’s […]

Did you enjoy Helstrom? Did you even know that it was out? Well, it doesn't matter because the Marvel execution of Marvel TV era shows is finally complete as the axe is dropped

Comment

I kept getting surprised by Marvel shows at one point. Wasn't there an X-men themed show called Legion, too?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        Now you're just making up shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          I kept getting surprised by Marvel shows at one point. Wasn't there an X-men themed show called Legion, too?
          Legion has links to Xavier but isn’t X-Men related. Good show though.

Comment

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige confirms Deadpool 3 will be in the MCU and will be Rated R, but fans are going to have to wait a bit to see it.

Deadpool 3 will be R-rated and within the MCU

Comment

As expected Sony has delayed Morbius all the way back to 08 October 2020 as it continues to play longball with its theatrical output.

Comment

He's been away so far for literally ine released film but...

In a move that is sure to rock the Marvel Cinematic Universe, sources tell Deadline that Chris Evans is cleaning the dust off his Captain America attire as he expected reprise the role in the MCU in some form.

Word is that Chris Evans is in talks to pick up the Captain America shield again for at least one more MCU movie in a similar manner to Stark post-solo films.

Comment

Just as quickly....

Comment

Watched the first two episodes of WandaVision and so far... okaaaay.

The 50's comedy theme is well done but is pretty worn out by the end of the first episode as it feels like it's 98% Americana comedy appreciation, 1% MCU nods, 1% relevant narrative. The moments the veil slips are good but what really drags it is the vast majority of episode two is the same so because as a viewer you're well, well ahead of the characters it left things feeling really drawn out and slow burned. It should be fine as long as next weeks episode really moves things forward beside at a theming level which hopefully is the case as only about 8 eps remain.

Comment

So... is it mostly like that old sitcom thing? That’s not a show for me if it is but I really haven’t grasped what the show actually is.

Comment

For the first two episodes very much so, I think I'd be more concerned if the trailer for the series hadn't shown a lot more going on than these episodes have going on in them. If the third episode is where things move on from the 50's setting and move the story properly forward they should have launched with that one too as I can imagine these two eps make for a bit of a soft impact especially considering the parody they are making will carry a lot less outside the US

Comment

It goes up to at least the 70s I believe, if the Pops are out there.
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            So... is it mostly like that old sitcom thing? That’s not a show for me if it is but I really haven’t grasped what the show actually is.
                            I might be overreaching here, but...

I think the 50s thing is an elaborate bait-and-switch, which works better than normal because it's on Disney+/a streaming network, meaning the episodes are always there to review, you can't "miss the start" as such. I suspect it's going to move forward in the decades, and by the end of the show, we'll be in an imitation of modern TV.

And... (spoilers for "House of M", the comic, follow)

I also believe they're doing the start of House of M in reverse.

It's been a few years, but IIRC - in that comic, Wanda, driven mad by grief, has allowed her powers to construct a happier fantasy world which is semi-real and semi-inside her mind, and Xavier is trying to break her out of it. But at one point she loses her grip, and in a moment of grief, says "no more mutants", and a white light wipes across the universe and reshapes the fabric of reality, removing mutants from the timeline.

The effects of this are surprising and part of the fun, so I won't spoil it, but this carried through to other comics that take place at the same time, that weren't even involved. Marvel used it as a way to "wipe the slate" and remove a lot of their characters, as their universe had become too dense. Obviously, some characters come back in the end, but not all.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is how they're going to explain The X-Men in the MCU, because mutants are meant to be a big deal, but somehow haven't even been mentioned yet in the franchise (for obvious real-world reasons). Wanda might instead use her powers to change reality in a way where mutants do exist.

This is a huge stretch btw because the MCU's Wanda is, up until now, nowhere near that powerful, but it would be an interesting turn of events.

Anyway, I want to revisit this post when the series is up.

Comment

Hmmmm... maybe I don't need an imitation of TV... on TV. I think I'll hold off until the series has run its course and you guys know where it went and, at that point, I might see if it's something to go for.

Comment

First set pics from Spider-Man 3

Comment

Working...
                                X