Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvel lines up the next one

Comment

Walt Disney Studios followed the “Star Wars” part of its panel this morning with Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige coming out to make some more big announcements. First up, director Ryan Coogler came on stage to announce that “Black Panther II” (not the official title) has set an official May 6th 2022 release date with Coogler […]

Kit Harington will be playing Black Knight in The Eternals

Comment

One of the earliest of the Marvel TV series to premiere on the Disney+ streaming service will be “Falcon and the Winter Soldier” which is targeting a launch almost exactly one year from now. The series scored another brief tease this past weekend as part of Marvel’s panel for its shows. Stars Anthony Mackie and […]

Anthony Mackie says that Falcon remains just that throughout the upcoming Falcon and the Winter Soldier, saying the intention wasn't for Falcon to become the next Captain America.

Comment

I interpretated Steve passing the shield more as a symbol rather than telling him to be the next Captain America. Falcon is just a guy after all, not a super human.
          I wonder if they'll have some tension between them in this series. Like 'Why you and not me?' could be an interesting dynamic.

Comment

The talk around the Disney-Sony split over “Spider-Man” seems to have quietened down in the past few days but that doesn’t mean things aren’t moving on the franchise. Tom Holland followed up his D23 brief appearance with one at Keystone Comic-Con in Philadelphia last week and spoke about the direction his character might go next […]

Holland confirms that regardless of what Disney and Sony are discussing, Spider-Man 3 has now been pitched and talks about the future of the franchise are taking place and that includes crossovers with other characters *cough*Venom*ahem*.

Comment

Shamelessly cribbed after seeing it on Era, but this is a decent watch:

Comment

Disney+ has reportedly offered Oscar nominee Hailee Steinfeld (“True Grit,” “Bumblebee”) the lead role of Kate Bishop in the new “Hawkeye” TV series starring Jeremy Renner. The limited series will see Renner reprising his role as Clint Barton along with introducing his protege Kate Bishop who, in the comics, becomes Hawkeye. The series is expected […]

Hailee Stenfield is up for Hawkeye playing the character that ultimately takes on that mantle so is presumably being set up for future film appearances also.

Comment

Taken as true, this paints a clear picture of how things seemed to shake down at Marvel and Disney over the course of Phase One and Two and why it wouldn't be a surprise to end up seeing anything from Marvel TV that claims connection to the MCU ultimately face the scrap heap.

Comment

I might have a read of Bob Iger's book - "The Ride of A Lifetime"
                    Although that could also be the biography of James Hunt or Stormy Daniels.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      I might have a read of Bob Iger's book - "The Ride of A Lifetime"
                      Although that could also be the biography of ... Stormy Daniels.
                      Somehow I doubt it.

Comment

Hulu has scrapped its planned live-action Marvel series based on the “Ghost Rider” comic character, abandoning the project four months after handing out a straight-to-series order. Gabriel Luna was poised to reprise his role from “Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” in the series which would’ve worked as a standalone, but The Live Feed indicates creative issues […]

The Hulu Ghost Rider series is the latest to be abandoned during development. This leaves Marvel TV with several animated shows and one live action series still in development, that series being Helstrom.

Comment

Sony Pictures has tapped Morbius scribes Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless to write a Madame Web movie set in the Spider-Man universe, Collider has learned.

We've been waiting to see what Sony's plans are for Peter Parker and their own arm of films and the first nugget of news is that the studio seems to have begun work on Madame Web

Comment

Well, in bigger Spider-man news, Marvel and Sony will be making a third Spider-man film together with Holland also down to appear in another Marvel film on top of that: https://variety.com/2019/film/news/s...an-1203351489/

So he's still in the MCU for now.

And there was much rejoicing. Apart from SF who just wants mopey ol' Maguire back!

Edit: We all know there is only one true Spider-man anyway:

Last edited by Dogg Thang; 27-09-2019, 15:20.

Comment

I like how Feige mentions Spidey crossing universes. Way to out Holland in Venom etc still coming Feige

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                I like how Feige mentions Spidey crossing universes. Way to out Holland in Venom etc still coming Feige
                                My thought too. With that in mind, it will be interesting to see if they give him a definitive exit from the MCU.

Comment

Working...
                                X