No announcement yet.

The Star Wars Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving a big middle finger to internet trolls, Kathleen Kennedy has renewed her contract and will remain the president of Lucasfilm for another three years, taking her through 2021. Kennedy became chief of Lucasfilm in 2012 after Disney purchased the company from George Lucas for $4 billion, and has overseen the “Star Wars” relaunch. Following […]

Kathleen Kennedy has extended her deal as head of Lucasfilm for an extra three years seeing her in post till at least 2021 which will be when the early doors open on the post-New Trilogy era begins.

Comment

Following rumors earlier this week, filmmaker Jon Favreau has taken to Instagram to confirm the name and reveal the first synopsis of the live-action “Star Wars” TV show coming to Disney’s untitled streaming service launching next year. Favreau serves as executive producer on the series which will be called “The Mandalorian” and began production in […]

The live action Star Wars TV series set between the events of Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens will be called The Mandalorian and about a man struck by lightning. Charged by the sudden electrical jolt of 1.21 gigawatts of power he discovers he can now physically transform into a time travelling gull winged silver vehicle. He is... the ManDeLorean!

Actually the real synopsis is pretty basic:

“After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.”

It's apparently only an eight episode long first season too

Comment

Following on from the news that the “Boba Fett” standalone ‘A Star Wars Story’ film is officially dead, more details about what was in the works have begun to crop up. EW has confirmed through sources that the film would have focused on Fett and the menagerie of bounty hunters who appeared alongside him on […]

Following news that the Boba Fett: A Star Wars Story movie is officially dead, it has been revealed that the plot would have taken place during Empire Strikes Back expanding on the scene where Fett and a group of other bounty hunters are sent off on mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          http://www.darkhorizons.com/boba-fet...-empire-scene/

Following news that the Boba Fett: A Star Wars Story movie is officially dead, it has been revealed that the plot would have taken place during Empire Strikes Back expanding on the scene where Fett and a group of other bounty hunters are sent off on mission.
          A midquel?

Oh thank god it's cancelled.

There's no point in Disney cutting the ties to the EU if they're just going to make it all again but different!

Comment

It does suggest the lengths they were willing to go to in order to justify fitting in an extra movie. Unless things change I think that's all the A Star Wars Story film projects now down for the count

Comment

Terrible idea. I think they should wrap up ep9 and let it die.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                Terrible idea. I think they should wrap up ep9 and let it die.
                They won't though; Disney didn't spend all that money to make 4 successful films and a single middling one.

I strongly believe they should do a movie of Knights of the Old Republic. More Star Wars but divorced from the existing films.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  http://www.darkhorizons.com/boba-fet...-empire-scene/

Following news that the Boba Fett: A Star Wars Story movie is officially dead...
                  Oh man! This is great news!

Now they can shift up the schedule and focus on the movie about the bounty hunter we all love the most!

Comment

They've made 2 franchise killing movies with Solo and Last Jedi. If this wasn't Star Wars, any studio would pull the plug on the franchise.
                    I couldn't care less about episode 9 now, and I was pumped for Ep8 until I saw it.

Comment

Dude Ep 8 made a billion just at the box office. It was far from franchise killing. And anyway, Star Wars already survived an entire trilogy of terrible films!

I tell you what I would love to see - a pod racing movie. A proper cheese-fest sports movie in the style of something like Rush. That would be so cool. I think the Star Wars Story movies should try different genres outside of just being space opera adventures (Rogue One kinda did that by being more of a war movie but they should take it further).

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        They won't though; Disney didn't spend all that money to make 4 successful films and a single middling one.

I strongly believe they should do a movie of Knights of the Old Republic. More Star Wars but divorced from the existing films.
                        Yep. Kotor would give the franchise the legs to move away from the god awful current trilogy but keep some cool battles and Jedi shenanigans.

Comment

Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger has announced today that Lucasfilm is in development on a second “Star Wars” live-action series for what’s now dubbed ‘Disney+,’ the company’s new direct-to-consumer streaming service. The currently untitled series, which will go into production next year, follows the adventures of rebel spy Cassian Andor during the formative years […]

A second live action series has been announced for Disney's streaming service which will be a Rogue One prequel. The series will focus on the films Cassian Andor in his earlier life as a spy during the Rebellions earliest days.

Comment

So if it has the same tone as the film it could actually be good? I hope it is as I'd be interested in seeing the more mature side of the EU.

Comment

Like a prequel within a prequel within a prequel. Star Wars Prequelception.

Comment

Star War Rogue one is, for me, the only good star wars Disney have done. If this is done right it could be great, but it also holds the potential to ruin a great film.

Comment

Working...
                                X