No announcement yet.

The Star Wars Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realistic. It's a realistic way to think.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      I'm open to being entertained with the next one but accept that it won't satisfy every thread that still hangs from the last two.
      Out of curiosity, what threads? The biggest challenge I see with the next one is that there appear to be very few threads to pick up on. I have no idea where they can go in the next movie other than just have Rey and Kylo fight more and be friends more and fight more again.

Comment

It seems like it'll pretty much now just focus on them killing of Kylo. They always described the main episodes as being distinguished by being Skywalker focused and even that has been a bare thread aspect of this trilogy and a rule that can't hold going forward. If Daisy is steadfast in not wanting to continue after Ep IX they should just close the film on some sort of Star Wars canon exploding closer that allows for a mass of post-Ep IX movies covering every unexplained aspect. We all know Ep X will happen one day but they should just leave it till the franchise needs the lift and they've shut the door on the old cast people care about so might as well go all in for shaking things up.

Comment

Teaser for the full trailer of Solo that releases tonight

Comment

Here's another teaser... or is this the full trailer? I don't know. I am the wrong guy to comment as I was tainted before I went into it but some shots look awesome, some look Rogue Oneish, some look like they are from some other movie and the guy playing Han looks older than Harrison Ford was and has a rubbery face.

Comment

Very... modern? But that voice. It's not the right voice.

Comment

It looks okay with the exception of the robot (Emilia Clarke) and the guy playing Han who doesn't seem to embody any element of Ford at all

Comment

the dialog is super flat the only real line we get to see him deliver is

'i thought we were in trouble their for a second but its fine, nods its fine" Giant tentical arghhh'
                  If this is the sort of acting that they picked out to showcase the film i dont have high hopes for what they haven't shown us, I'm thinking maybe this is gonna be the first new star-wars that fans and critics agree on being not great.
                  Last edited by Lebowski; 05-02-2018, 16:17.

Comment

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

Comment

Wow. I don't think I could be more underwhelmed. I might not have liked the last SW film, but at least the trailer had me dying to see it. Lando looks better cast than Han.

Comment

Donald Glover as Lando brings up a casting question (or maybe even a concept question) because he is a seriously charming guy. And Woody is a scene-stealer when it comes to charming rogue. Given that's the role Han is supposed to have, I'd say he will be easily outshined by these two.

Comment

Heeeeey, who gives the shizz a fizz????!!!

Let's just wait and see if it's Star Warsy and enjoyable.

I've seen the teaser trailer, I really cannot tell anymore, it's like Star Wars roulette.

Bring it on. Bring the big, shiny, roulette balls of Star Wars on every year, let us keep polishing them massive, shiny, Bantha ballbagz.

Comment

I can imagine there's a sense with recasting in these of not wanting to hire an impersonator but for these one off films where they're essentially pure fan service they should really go all in and just hire someone who is effectively going all out to be young Ford. The likes of Rogue One afford the freedom to do what you want on that front but if you're going to go ahead and do young Han Solo, above all else, it needs to scream young Han Solo.

I'm becoming increasingly interested in what Post-EpIX will bring to Star Wars though. If responses to this aren't that strong then I can imagine a bit of a rethink gets applied to the second wave of new era SW films.

Comment

A lot of people have said they would have preferred a Lando film with Han just making a guest appearance and I think that would have been a smarter move for several reasons but mainly it's because Lando is largely unexplored (compared with Han who has a complete arc - only one of two characters who really feel like they do) and because his lack of screen presence in the new movies means that buying a new actor as Lando is easier. I haven't heard a complaint yet about Donald Glover. And it would have been a way to ease people into a new Han.

All that said (or written), the Rogue One approach works much better for me. Star Wars is such a huge universe. Let's explore it without doing the prequel "your favourite characters as kids" thing.

Comment

It is getting dangerously close to feeling like Disney don't know what to do with Star Wars unless it involves destroying a Death Egg at the end of the film

Comment

Working...
                                X