No announcement yet.

The Star Wars Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I think they are definitely just trying stuff out. I actually don't mind that - probably better they try stuff I might hate than just play it safe over and over and over again. But it's very difficult for them to undo a movie if one just doesn't work out.

Comment

I can't wait for the Max Rebo movie....

Comment

In the minority here, it looks ok (i quite Like Ron Howard films), and i'll try see this at the flicks, my fear is they will try cram too much of Han's back story in to a couple of hours, and i just hope they don't try and end the film by trying to tie it to the Cantina scene in EPIV, as you could get a couple of films out of this.

Comment

I don't see where the negativity is coming from. It looks like a lighthearted romp, a welcome change from the last two films. It's the type of adventure film that a 10 year old will love forever.

It essentially has a bit of a Guardians vibe, no bad thing.

Comment

The creators of the TV adaptation of Game of Thrones have been set to task over at Disney on a new series of Star Wars movies separate from the Rhian Johnson trilogy that was already announced. With these and Johnson's other trilogy on the slate as well as other rumoured Star Wars Story movies it's feeling like 1 per year is going to be a thing of the past soon.

Comment

New images from Solo

Comment

A couple of “Star Wars” updates today starting with comments from Donald Glover who plays a young Lando Calrissian in Ron Howard’s “Solo: A Star Wars Story” film opening in May. Speaking with Entertainment Tonight, Glover says the new film could be the most fun one yet in the entire franchise because the story is […]

Apparently Solo is being pitched as a pure fun summer movie as it's too clear that the stakes are low to the characters given how much of the canon is already known.

Meanwhile, Abrams has confirmed that the script for Episode IX is now complete. Filming on the final episode will begin this July.

Comment

Forgive me for sounding like a snob but this is feeling a little TV series to me. Hopefully it turns out to be better than that though. I saw the trailer and felt indifferent after it so we'll have to see how the film turns out.

Good to hear the script for Ep. IX is done. I'm expecting a film that plays it safe with a couple of unexpected twists but that's about it. It'll look polished and sound great as per the last two but I'd prefer that they don't have a main story like that overly long space chase that happened in Ep. VIII

Comment

Lucasfilm has announced that “Iron Man” and “The Jungle Book” director Jon Favreau has signed on to executive produce and write a live-action “Star Wars” TV series for Disney’s direct-to-consumer platform launching in late 2019. Favreau, who has played roles in both the “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” animated series and the upcoming “Solo: A […]

Jon Favreau will be working on the Star Wars live action series once work on Lion King ends

Comment

Long before J.J. Abrams came onboard to direct, “Jurassic World” filmmaker Colin Trevorrow was slated to helm “Star Wars: Episode IX” and was attached long enough to come up with some ideas for where it should go. Actor Mark Hamill has previously indicated he and Trevorrow were very much on the same page about the […]

A new report seems to delve into the original plans for Episode VIII and IX back when Colin Trevorrow was lined up to helm the trilogy closer. It seems that originally Trevorrow planned for Luke to survive Episode VIII and to have the final entry show him spending time with Leia as she finally explored her Force abilities. Snoke would have also survived into EpIX with a greater focus on his backstory with the film wrapping up with Luke once again disappearing off to a distant world somewhere.

Comment

While there are those like the Jedi and the Sith who are tied inexorably to the Force, the “Star Wars” universe has shown numerous characters in the past (such as Maz Kanata from ‘Force Awakens’ or Chirrut Imwe from ‘Rogue One’) who are ‘force sensitive’ – holding the power in high regard but not necessarily […]

Some bits about the backstory to Holdo in EpVIII.

I'm curious to see Rogue One and Last Jedi again. The more time passes the more the reactions to the Star Wars franchise online seem to be becoming increasingly hyperbolic. It would be interesting to see the pair of them again, re-evaluate the recent output against the previous two trilogies and see how they sit. It seems to be becoming a question over whether the franchise is going as sharply south as is claimed or whether life long Star Wars fans are struggling with the growing mindset that it may just be... dare I say it, just another franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls;2265990I'm curious[B
                          to see Rogue One[/B] and Last Jedi again.
                          Rogue One is actually my favourite bit of new Star Wars movie content since Return of the Jedi. I like it more than either of the new numbered entries and all the prequels.

That being said, I'm not saying it's the best, just it was closest to what I wanted out of more Star Wars movies as a kid. Rogue One is the Star Wars movie I imagined in my head at age 9, that dovetailed with one of the existing movies and had characters like Vader. It makes me think of the Shadows of the Empire movie that we'll never get.

Comment

In mid-2016, half a year before “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” was set to premiere, Lucasfilm made the then unprecedented move of bringing in Oscar-nominated writer Tony Gilroy to re-work that first “Star Wars” spin-off. At the time it was indicated the studio was unsatisfied with the state of the job that director Gareth […]

Tony Gilroy is the man brought in to work on the rewrites and reshoots of Star Wars: Rogue One which is why the trailers differed from the final movie so much. After a long silence he's finally spoken about the extent of his involvement after the rumoured troubles the Gareth Edwards cut faced:

“I came in after the director’s cut. I have a screenplay credit in the arbitration that was easily won. I’ve never been interested in Star Wars, ever. So I had no reverence for it whatsoever. I was unafraid about that, and they were in such a swamp … they were in so much terrible, terrible trouble that all you could do was improve their position.

If you look at Rogue, all the difficulty with Rogue, all the confusion of it … and all the mess, and in the end when you get in there, it’s actually very, very simple to solve. Because you sort of go, ‘This is a movie where, folks, just look. Everyone is going to die.’ So it’s a movie about sacrifice.

So, it’s all a question about why are these [characters], why are all these people going to sacrifice themselves? And you need to motivate them with a purity throughout the [story] and every scene has to be about the movie. And so, is that a theme, that everyone’s going to die, sacrifice? In that sense, in that film, yeah, I thought about it.

I don’t think Rogue really is a Star Wars movie in many ways. To me, it’s a Battle of Britain movie.”

Comment

Even if everything he says is 100% accurate, he comes across as a bit of a knob.

Comment

It all paints a fairly grim image as well. Financially Star Wars is massive but they've made no secret that Kathleen Kennedy is behind shepherding the franchise at the moment and of the four existing movies three have massive issues or one sort or another. Considering how efficient the Disney, Pixar and Marvel arms are at achieving regular box office success and critical appeal without the drama there is definitely something not right in the Lucasfilm camp.

Comment

Working...
                                X