Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    https://www.darkhorizons.com/skywalk...another-clone/
    The novel of Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker has revealed that The Emporer survived his fall in Jedi by transferring his essence into a flawed clone of himself which is the one we see in the latest film (despite the obvious flaws with this). It's also revealed that Palpatine didn't actually sleep with anyone to have kids, Rey's father was in fact another failed Palpatine clone that managed to survive.
    Wank!

Comment

Yesterday came the news that a piece on online fan casting seemed to have come true – Rosario Dawson had joined the cast of the second season of “The Mandalorian” in the role of Ahsoka Tano. Ahsoka was introduced in “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” animated series as Anakin Skywalker’s Jedi apprentice and returned as […]

Rosario Dawson has been cast as The Clone Wars Ahsoka Tano who will become a character in Star Wars: The Mandalorian: Season 02

Rumour is already in motion that the character may get their own spin-off too.

Comment

Mandalorian: < this is how you do star wars.

All the new films: < this is how you DO NOT do star wars.
        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 04-04-2020, 14:35.

Comment

I found the Mandalorian to be a chore to to watch i gave it till the end of the season to see if it actually did anything but it did nowt for me, and all this hoo ha about the "baby yoda" boring and again what was the point in it other than to sell a few soft toys and t-shirs, and a few throw backs here and there to the OT is just not enough, the action was at ok and some was decent but as of for the "shoot" out, approaching S5/S6 walking dead standards....overall average at best 5/10. IMO but will watch S2 no doubt as i'm a star wars fan.

I'll give you the trilogy, and average film, a dire film and a poor film, but Rogue One was brilliant and a proper star Wars movie, it has its haters but i thought Solo was a decent flick.
          Last edited by beecee; 04-04-2020, 14:23.

Comment

Rogue One, fantastic film.
            Solo, good film.

Comment

Whilst I do get the criticisms that people have of the recent trilogy I'm still in the camp that prefers them to stuff like Mandalorian based on what I've watched so far. It's okay but tonally it's sod all like the films are and plot wise it's incredibly slow and lifeless, we're upto Ep4 and so far it feels like one episode dragged out. It's broadly well made, not as good looking as the films but close enough considering it's a series. I know other characters come into later as well which I'm looking forward to as the show being so focused on the Mandalorian leaves a disconnect as you mostly just have a helmet to relate to.

Comment

Pre-production has already begun on a third season of the live-action “Star Wars” series “The Mandalorian” for the Disney+ streaming service. Variety broke the story, saying creator Jon Favreau has already been writing for the new season for a while, and Lucasfilm vice president and executive creative director Doug Chiang has been at work creating […]

Pre-production is underway for Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Season 03

Comment

The Mandalorian improves in terms of action, but is still a bit of a slow burner. I liked it for that.

Currently watching Season 3 of Ozark. First two seasons were good, and this is possibly even better (only up to episode 4). The writers know what they're doing and the actors are all comfortable in their skin. Great stuff.

Comment

I watched the first episode of The Mandolorian last night and just found it really dull.

Does it get better?

Comment

In many ways it’s a real throwback. It’s mostly episodic and quietly rolls at a snail pace. But I like the old fashioned feeling ... and it’s peppered with nods to the original films. I think the Lone Wolf and Cub comparisons sum it up best. We’re 7 eps in and it does ramp up the pace a little bit, but doesn’t change significantly.

Comment

I've got two left and for me it barely ramps up, it's fairly meandering. I don't think the central plot is interesting enough to sustain the show, it doesn't help having the Mandalorian acting solo most of the time making him your sole emotionless, empy vessel of a lead and the dour tone drags it down a bit. Really, it's sod all like Star Wars. I'm mostly interested in seeing how they plan to grow it as the seasons go on but purely on the basis of S1, take away the fairly token Star Wars nods and it's exactly the kind of thing that would have been axed on its first run as it's really just a dull western. Really hoping it begins to mine what should actually be quite a rich period of untapped SW lore.

Comment

It’s official, Oscar winner Taika Waititi (“Jojo Rabbit”) will direct and co-write a new “Star Wars” feature film for theatrical release. The franchise’s official site made the announcement today, confirming rumors that have been swirling for months. Waititi will be joined on the script by Oscar nominee Krysty Wilson-Cairns (“1917,” “Last Night in Soho”) This […]

Taiki Waititi will direct a new live action Star Wars movie

Comment

Ron Howard is already clearing his schedule.

Comment

Preusmably this is why Mandalorian exists, to test drive directors for the films whilst keeping the redundancy payments down

Comment

Thing is, in the US there is a massive difference between how TV production is run and how movie production is run. In TV, the writer is king. The director's job is not to bring vision. It is to facilitate the writer, putting on screen what is on the page in the way the showrunner (who is usually the head writer) wants. Even bigger name directors rarely get to bring their vision (there are a couple of exceptions over the years but the only one that really jumps out is Tarantino on ER and that was decades ago).

In film, the director is king. But of course this is tricky for Star Wars, which is why they have fired many directors in recent years. As a director, Taika Waititi has a very strong identity and, personally, while I would love to see that in a Star Wars movie, I have my doubts that the people running Star Wars want to see that in a Star Wars movie. He worked wonders with Thor because Thor was kind of broken so Marvel were willing to take chances. I feel like Star Wars should be taking similar chances but I don't think they are ready yet. So I'd have my doubts about Waititi going all the way with this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X