No announcement yet.

The Star Wars Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many people are saying that episode 3 is better (maybe that's why Disney released three episodes together) - but you shouldn't have to watch two episodes of boring soap opera to get there.

I'd still give it a try as everyone has different tastes, but I ended up stopping it after 30 minutes as I'd had enough of the tedium.

I liked Rogue One, but I didn't have any attachment to the characters in it, so I think part of the problem for me is I don't really care that much about Andor's back story. If your preference is the greater Star Wars lore, then you'll probably get more out of it.

Perhaps I should skip to ep 3.
    Last edited by MartyG; 21-09-2022, 12:15.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      I liked Rogue One, but I didn't have any attachment to the characters in it, so I think part of the problem for me is I don't really care that much about Andor's back story. If your preference is the greater Star Wars lore, then you'll probably get more out of it.
      That's how I felt before the trailer; honestly do not care about Cassian Andor as a character; I loved Rogue One but characterisation is not its strong suit (there's a reason why, for most people, the most upsetting death is the droid).

Comment

It would have to go a long way to be worse than Book of Boba Fett.

Comment

Well sat through the first 3 episodes of Andor, and it does not feel like star wars at all, the whole flash back scenes are starting to annoy me in these series and are way overused, safe to say i am done with Disney and what the have done to the SW universe, dire TV shows and a rubbish sequel trilogy, only positives for me has been Rogue 1 and Solo.

Comment

There's only two ways of moving forward with Star Wars

1-Accept that having regular new content is inevitably going to bring inconsistent quality into the mix and secure to the franchise as being no different than any other popular IP

2-Take it as before Disney got involved Lucas had already sullied the franchise with the even worse prequel trilogy so why worry?

Comment

I think after this many attempts, we can safely assume that they just shouldn't be trusted with the franchise.

Comment

Andor was alright, mostly helped by it not looking fake like all the TV shows before it, though it felt like i was watching some cyberpunk corp wars with a dabble of star wars dressing. Definitely could have done with cutting all the flashback kid stuff, absolutely worthless filler which i hope gets less and less as we go on, and for the first time in a disney starwars show, decent writing without spelling it out the watcher what exactly their personality and motivations are, consistent characters and very little stupidity outside

the corpo's arresting the lady for some random reason when everyone was running around, traitor bloke just deciding to suicide by cop and Andor/old bloke leaving the officer alive who i guess gets to be a recurring character, seems to have been giving way to much screen time to learn about him to just throw him away, i'll assume he survives his disciplinary due to finding the tracker box left behind so he can carry on hunting Andor which would be a nice little set up.

Maybe by ep4 i might start remembering names.

Comment

Jones Officially Retires His Darth Vader Voice - Dark Horizons
                  James Earl Jones has officially retired as the voice actor of Darth Vader

For future appearances the character will continue from Obi-Wan's approach of using AI generated dialogue based on Jones prior performances

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    For future appearances the character will continue from Obi-Wan's approach of using AI generated dialogue based on Jones prior performances
                    This sets a worrying precedent. They should just recast him.

Comment

Just get Rory bremner to do the voice.

Comment

Or me talking into an empty pint glass

Comment

It's definitely a direction they're going in. Between that and the de-aging tech etc we'll conceivably one day get a Star Wars film set in the OT trilogy era with the entire original cast in it but without any of them having ever worked on it.

Comment

It's definitely a direction they're going in. Between that and the de-aging tech etc we'll conceivably one day get a Star Wars film set in the OT trilogy era with the entire original cast in it but without any of them having ever worked on it.
                            That's a little different, though. Take the Tarkin performance in Rogue One, it was wizardry, sure, but it still had a human actor performing the role that was digitally altered later on.

I dislike the idea of JEJ being replaced by an entirely synthetic voice.

Comment

"Andor" Viewer Engagement Is Rather Low - Dark Horizons
                              Star Wars: Andor might not have panned out as expected for Disney+

Comment

"Andor" Viewer Engagement Is Rather Low - Dark Horizons
                                Star Wars: Andor might not have panned out as expected for Disney+
                                Well that's a bit ****, as I kinda felt it was one of the better Star Wars series once I gave it a go. I like it way more than Obi-wan or Boba Fett, and feel it's in the top bracket of Disney & Marvel streaming shows.

Maybe they just couldn't get past its foundational problem. I gave it a go because I was wowed by the trailer; but prior to that, I have to admit, I did not give a **** about Cassian Andor. I liked Rogue One, but characterisation wasn't its strong suit - I saw a YouTuber years ago who jokingly asked if you could name three characters (not their actors' names) that are unique to that movie, and I had watched it earlier that week and honestly couldn't do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X