No announcement yet.

The Star Wars Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think general burn out from average to terrible starwars products have got us to point when a decent show does turn up few can be bothered to stick past its very slow opening episodes, followed by some more slow build up for the heist mini arc (which is fine by me, i enjoyed ep4 to 6).

Comment

Andor is utter dross. I sat through all that build up and when the actual thing happened last episode it was dull as anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        Andor is utter dross. I sat through all that build up and when the actual thing happened last episode it was dull as anything.
        really? you thought the heist was dull... i mean how? it was quite tense and clearly understood setup and timelimit with death awaiting them if they fail make it work.

Throw into the mix the gang doesn't get along, half of them are **** scared, Andor has to earn some modicum of trust with them, you have all the set up by the officer which left me wondering which bit of theplan will be the domino that doesn't fall, we get a short very fatal gun fight, the kid comes through for them all at the cost of his life and reveal from the antagonist dude giving Andor morale and tense decision, steal it all and risk getting backstabbed by the back stabber or kill him and get out of dodge, also like that there was no misunderstanding between him and women afterwards.

Comment

Can’t explain mate! I mean you’re right, all that stuff DID happen but I was still bored out my mind!

Comment

Personally thought it was solid, not amazing by any means, but not bad. The characters all got time to shine and you get to know them. The photography was consistently spot on with the heist being particularly well shot.

6/10 fishyb’s.
            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 22-10-2022, 19:25.

Comment

Watched the first episode of Andor. Enjoyed it. Got a grittier, off-kilter vibe to it. Don’t know what you dweebs are dribbling on about.

Comment

Just finished episode 3 now. It’s great.

Comment

Why did I have to wait this long for a good episode!? Last episode was fantastic. Girlfriend agreed, after watching it we looked at each other and said the same thing! Fabulous. Took so long to get there though.

Comment

J.D. Dillard Exits "Star Wars," "Rocketeer 2" - Dark Horizons
                    The Star Wars franchise continues to have movie woes the likes only Star Trek knows. Several of the previously announced film projects have now been axed

Shawn Levy To Direct A "Star Wars" Film - Dark Horizons
                    Whilst Shawn Levy, director of Night in the Museum and Free Guy, has now been hired to direct an entry

Comment

Andor, predictably I've broken and watched it all. Better than Fett and Obi Wan, but that's not a compliment.

Comment

"Andor" Set For ABC, FX, Hulu Airings - Dark Horizons
                        Thanks to audience figures being too low for Star Wars: Andor Season 01, Disney is going to air the first two episodes on all of its other channels

Comment

Kasdan Talks "Solo" Sequel Hopes & Reason - Dark Horizons
                          Lawrence Kasdan is keen on making Solo 2

Comment

Watched all of Andor, and immediately felt the need to watch Rogue One right after.

I know Rogue One had characterisation problems, but still... Rogue One and Andor are now my favourite Star Wars film/TV media outside of the original movies.

So for me, it goes...

Original Trilogy
                            <gap>
                            Andor
                            Rogue One
                            The Mandalorian
                            <gap>
                            Prequel Trilogy
                            Solo
                            <gap>
                            Obi-Wan
                            <long gap>
                            <longer gap>
                            Sequel trilogy
                            Boba Fett (didn't care to finish it)
                            <huuuuuge gap>
                            Specifically Rise of Skywalker; I think it's the absolute nadir

Should note here that I haven't seen Rebels, Clone Wars or much else of the animated content.

Comment

We're very slow at rewatching stuff, I know I'm way off consensus with this but for me it's:

Original Trilogy
                              Sequel Trilogy
                              Rogue One
                              Obi-Wan
                              Solo
                              Mandalorian
                              Prequel Trilogy

Still not gotten around to Boba Fett and whilst we intend to watch Andor it feels a bit disjointed to do so without Season 02 bridging the gap. Star Wars storylines are incredibly rarely good so it's all about fun and entertainment for the most part for me, how close they fall to simple adventure tales like the OT. The prequels are the absolute worst at this and whilst Rise has its issues it's lively and a bit of a rollercoaster film compared to the likes of Mando which can be crushingly slow and repetitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                Still not gotten around to Boba Fett and whilst we intend to watch Andor it feels a bit disjointed to do so without Season 02 bridging the gap. Star Wars storylines are incredibly rarely good so it's all about fun and entertainment for the most part for me, how close they fall to simple adventure tales like the OT. The prequels are the absolute worst at this and whilst Rise has its issues it's lively and a bit of a rollercoaster film compared to the likes of Mando which can be crushingly slow and repetitive.
                                I can see how you'd come to your list, given this. Although I genuinely dislike Rise (to the point where any Episode X movie needs to jump 30-40 years further into the future to distance itself, or I probably won't go see it short of a tsunami of critical acclaim), to the movie's credit, it does move at a cracking pace and there's no room to get bored.

Just I reflected on it this weekend, when I watched Rogue One after Andor, and upon coming back to the Disney+ front-end and seeing the list of movies, I realised that I would watch the prequels before the sequels, and then I realised that, with the exception of The Force Awakens (which is by far my favourite of those three), I would always watch the prequels before the sequels, if you gave me the choice. I haven't really thought all that much about why at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X