No announcement yet.

The Star Wars Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched the trailer. It's a bit weird they went with the "Han & Leia Romance" music after what happened in the last film.

Comment

Isn’t it Leia’s theme?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Isn’t it Leia’s theme?
        Perhaps. I always associate it with the moments when Han and Leia are together. It plays at the end of Empire, but in that scene, they've implied that they're going to try and get Han back.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Perhaps. I always associate it with the moments when Han and Leia are together. It plays at the end of Empire, but in that scene, they've implied that they're going to try and get Han back.
          I’m not going to swear to it but I think they are different themes. Leia’s theme comes from the first film. There is a love theme in Empire that has a similar vibe and I think that’s the one at the end of Empire... but I’m not 100% certain. I think it’s the Leia theme in this new trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Isn’t it Leia’s theme?
            That is what it's called on the New Hope soundtrack. There's a shorter version in Empire called Han Solo and the Princess while they are trying to fix the Falcon. The last scene in Empire has The Rebel Fleet playing.
            Last edited by kryss; 14-04-2019, 13:39.

Comment

It is Leia's theme.

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
              I think ROTJ was originally going to be Revenge of the Jedi but they then felt it implied a negative trait. So they changed it to return. I might be wrong but I do remember something like that.
              Yes and no. George's original script, the first draft, is called Return. Then it changes to Revenge, some of the marketing stuff gets made, then he changes it back to Return before the film launches.
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Yeah, I just checked and the music is Leia’s theme and that’s not the same theme as the Han and Princess theme from Empire. Asura is right that there is a reprise of the Han and Princess theme at the end of Empire but the music in the Rise of Skywalker trailer is Leia’s Theme.

Comment

Potato-vision version of the trailer for Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Some additional bts stuff too

Comment

I actually think (from a distance) it looks better then ep9. They seem to have put some money in to it.

Comment

With Star Wars Celebration closing up in Chicago, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy has been doing post-panel press rounds and discussed the future of the “Star Wars” franchise beyond both the launch of “The Mandalorian” series and the closing out of the ‘Skywalker’ saga films. As we know, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” director Rian Johnson […]

The two trilogies that were previously announced, the Rian Johnson one and the Weiss/Benioff one, remain in development and Kathleen Kennedy has said that next month she will be meeting with all involved to plan out a future road map for Star Wars movies. She refers to the next films as being about the next Star Wars saga, the existing films falling under the Skywalker Saga.

She also claims that it was always planned for the Emperor to return and the final films title raises intrigue without given clues.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        She also claims that it was always planned for the Emperor to return
                        Nice to see she is carrying on George "Pinnochio" Lucas' legacy.

Comment

Trailer for Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 7

Comment

Kath K has been toying with the idea of a Kotor tv/movie.
                            Interestingly she says that Solo failed because they tried two movies a year and it didn't work. No, it failed because no one wanted a Solo movie. I'd be more than happy to see star wars pump out films like marvel, I just don't want characters you grew up with being ruined. The SW universe is wide and deep; mine the depths.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/star-w...movie-tv-show/

Kath K has been toying with the idea of a Kotor tv/movie.
                              Interestingly she says that Solo failed because they tried two movies a year and it didn't work. No, it failed because no one wanted a Solo movie. I'd be more than happy to see star wars pump out films like marvel, I just don't want characters you grew up with being ruined. The SW universe is wide and deep; mine the depths.
                              Yeah, this hits the nail on the head.

They really should learn more from the Expanded Universe. In my experience, the EU was at its best when it was quite far from the core events of the franchise. Given, there were a few books which were pretty good that dealt with the core cast (Shadows of the Empire, the Heir to the Empire trilogy) but my favourites were books like the X-Wing sub-franchise.

And they don't even need to stray too far from common movie ideas.

Where's my Top Gun about X-Wing pilots?

Where's my The Warriors about a group of Jedi evading Order 66?

Where's my The Seven Samurai about a group of bounty hunters who defend a township on Tatooine from a band of Tusken Raiders?

Comment

Yep, I agree with both of you. There are far more interesting and varied stories to tell and we don’t need to have callbacks to the older movies for them to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X