No announcement yet.

The Star Wars Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JJ Abrams says he prefers the OT original cuts but adds that for one reason or another he believes it's unlikely Disney will rerelease them

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      https://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-theatrical-cuts/

JJ Abrams says he prefers the OT original cuts but adds that for one reason or another he believes it's unlikely Disney will rerelease them
      I don’t know if he would go that far but I have to wonder if that was one of the conditions of the sale. I’m still struggling to fully understand how the maclunky thing happened several years after the fact but maybe Lucas has it in the deal that no other cuts of the original movies go out without his approval. There is no practical reason that Abrams wouldn’t understand so this goes beyond the practical.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        I don’t know if he would go that far but I have to wonder if that was one of the conditions of the sale. I’m still struggling to fully understand how the maclunky thing happened several years after the fact but maybe Lucas has it in the deal that no other cuts of the original movies go out without his approval. There is no practical reason that Abrams wouldn’t understand so this goes beyond the practical.
        To be fair though, I know that you have high respect for creatives not following fan pressure; if Lucas owns them or has these terms specified, that's entirely up to him by that measure.

Comment

I feel the Macclunkey thing comes down to nothing pure but trolling on Lucas's part

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            To be fair though, I know that you have high respect for creatives not following fan pressure; if Lucas owns them or has these terms specified, that's entirely up to him by that measure.
            Yep. And yet caving to fan pressure I don’t see as all that different to Lucas dicking about in some ways. The films are what was released. The original films is what made them hits, and are what we’re considered finished and done. Just as I’ll laugh my ass off at that petition to remake The Last Jedi because the film is done and nobody has to like it, I essentially apply the same to Lucas - the film is done. To pretend that Luke didn’t chuck his lightsaber just because some people didn’t like it isn’t all that different to pretending that Han didn’t shoot first. It’s respect for the finished product that leads me to believe these films should be released in their original form.

Comment

A new rumor has popped up indicating that a secret “Star Wars” series, one centered on the comic character of Doctor Aphra, is not only on the way but may have already begun filming ahead of a potential debut by late 2020/early 2021. Reliable scooper and MakingStarWars writer Jason Ward spoke with Inverse and says […]

A new rumour that a Star Wars: Doctor Aphra series is already filming for Disney+, the character coming from the comics circa 2015 as a double dealing, playing both sides anti-hero Indiana Jones type character.

Comment

All booked in, trying out the Dolby Digital Cinema screenings. Nice seats... but 3D

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  Nice seats... but 3D
                  Honestly, 2D seats are really awkward unless you're a cartoon character.

Comment

I'm seeing it in tood at 15.25 on Saturday.

Needs to be careful as there's loads of spoilers online now apparently.

Comment

Currently sitting at 56%. The consensus is its a mess.

When it's discovered that the evil Emperor Palpatine did not die at the hands of Darth Vader, the rebels must race against the clock to find out his whereabouts. Finn and Poe lead the Resistance to put a stop to the First Order's plans to form a new Empire, while Rey anticipates her inevitable confrontation with Kylo Ren. Warning: Some flashing-lights scenes in this film may affect photosensitive viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        Currently sitting at 56%. The consensus is its a mess.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sta..._of_skywalker/
                        Hmmmm... This makes me wonder. Given the divided consensus over the previous one, I wonder if some media outlets tilt towards the populist opinion? Probably get them more readers.

Comment

Read a few reviews and some smack it down for relying on fan service etc whilst others say it's great fun. I'm not expecting anything amazing because, let's be honest, Star Wars rarely is that but I'm definitely expecting a lot of hyperbole surrounding this film that will stem less from TROS and more as continued fallout of the Last Jedi/Solo fanwar stank.

Comment

It's interesting given that the divisive one sits at 91% on Rotten Tomatoes. But then RT is a terrible metric with the subtlety and accuracy of a brick, not really taking into account the actual content of the reviews at all. Honestly, I wouldn't put much faith in it one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              It's interesting given that the divisive one sits at 91% on Rotten Tomatoes. But then RT is a terrible metric with the subtlety and accuracy of a brick, not really taking into account the actual content of the reviews at all. Honestly, I wouldn't put much faith in it one way or the other.
                              No, no - I meant divisive in that it has a high critic score but a low audience score.

I'm wondering if early pundits, seeking more readers, would focus on the bad, because those Star Wars fans who hate-love it will consume any and all media that aligns with their point-of-view.

Comment

My Prediction - Rise of Skywalker will be better than at least 6 of the 10 other films

Comment

Working...
                                X