No announcement yet.

The Star Wars Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney+ has set premiere dates for various shows across the spring and summer today including some high profile new titles. Three were very big announcements with the first being that Marvel’s “Loki,” starring Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson, has been set for a June 11th premiere. Next is that the animated “Star Wars: The Bad […]

Star Wars: The Bad Batch will launch on Disney+ on May the Fourth be With You 2021

Comment

Comment

The official May the 4th Poster:

Comment

Luke looks very pretty.

Comment

A third season of Disney and Lucasfilm’s “The Mandalorian” isn’t expected until next year. Hot on the heels of word that spin-off series “The Book of Boba Fett” had wrapped filming ahead of a December 2021 debut, actor Pedro Pascal has let slip that the next season of “The Mandalorian” is going to be further […]

The Mandalorian: Season 03 is off the cards till sometime in 2022

Comment

Forest Whitaker’s fan-favorite “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” character Saw Gerrera will return to the role for the upcoming prequel series “Star Wars: Andor”. Veteran actor Stellan Skarsgard has a role in the series and while giving an interview with Swedish radio station Sverigesradio.se (via The Playlist), he revealed he had shot a big […]

Forrest Whittaker will appear in Star Wars: Andor

Comment

Disney and Lucasfilm’s upcoming “The Book of Boba Fett” series won’t just serve as a follow-up to the second season of “The Mandalorian,” it’ll also tie heavily back to the original film trilogy. As part of a recent interview with Rotten Tomatoes, the show’s star Temuera Morrison confirms the event series will fill in the […]

Star Wars: Boba Fett will include flashbacks charting from the characters scene in Return of the Jedi up to the Mandalorian's timeline

Comment

Matthew Robinson has been hired to pen the script for filmmaker Patty Jenkins’ “Star Wars: Rogue Squadron” film which is due out Christmas 2023 from Disney and Lucasfilm. The film will loosely be based on the “X-Wing” novels that were released between 1996-2012 and shows the ushering in of a new generation of X-wing pilots […]

Matthew Robinson who wrote films such as The Invention of Lying, Love and Monsters and upcoming films like Edge of Tomorrow 2 is set to pen Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

Comment

According to one of Lego's lead designers Disney is beginning to erase Slave I as the name of Boba Fett's ship

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      https://comicbook.com/starwars/amp/n...mpression=true
                      According to one of Lego's lead designers Disney is beginning to erase Slave I as the name of Boba Fett's ship
                      Admittedly they don't say it in the movies. Was it only in the Expanded Universe?

Comment

It was all over the toys at the time, before and during the film's release so it was always the official name.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          It was all over the toys at the time, before and during the film's release so it was always the official name.
                          Oh I'm fully aware that it was on the toys, the EU, trading cards, it was the name when you fight it as a boss in Shadows of the Empire on the N64...

I guess what I'm saying is that Lucasfilm always maintained the approach that the films are the films, and everything else (games, toys, everything) is on a lower rung of the ladder. And hell, Lucas even revised the movies to fix his mistakes (e.g. digitally inserting prequel stuff into the 1-3 trilogy to deal with how they're not visually consistent). The characters never say "Slave I" in the films at any point, so in the movie canon, I don't think it's a "thing".

Comment

I think we can consider names canon if they are all over the official material at the time of the films unless specifically revised later. There isn't any reason to consider the name Slave 1 as not being canon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              I think we can consider names canon if they are all over the official material at the time of the films unless specifically revised later. There isn't any reason to consider the name Slave 1 as not being canon.
                              I'm not saying you're wrong; just for me, Star Wars canon has become so flimsy that I kinda think (1) everything is fair game unless the characters literally talk about it/it appears onscreen and (2) even if that's the case, they might re-edit it to change it later.

The name Slave I is a good example, because it was the name of the toy, name in the videogames, and was widely accepted as the "canon" name - but now they're changing it, which is easy because it's not named anywhere actually in the movies.

Comment

TBH there is a lot in Star Wars that is a hell of a lot more questionable than naming a spaceship 'Slave 1'. Has anyone in Disney's diversity department had a look at Watto recently?

Comment

Working...
                                X