The Star Wars Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    I'm not saying you're wrong; just for me, Star Wars canon has become so flimsy that I kinda think (1) everything is fair game unless the characters literally talk about it/it appears onscreen and (2) even if that's the case, they might re-edit it to change it later.
    Okay, well that's very much making your own definition of canon.

Also worth clarifying that they haven't said they are changing the name. What they have said is that they not referring it to Slave 1 any more and, as far as canon goes, that's not quite the same thing. They are calling it Boba Fett's ship, which is much more general and doesn't (yet) contradict any canon that the ship is actually called Slave 1 until it is actually given a new name and one that states it was always called that.

And to Wakka's point, he's right which is why this is probably something that doesn't require a canon change. They are simply making a point not to call it by its name.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Okay, well that's very much making your own definition of canon.
      Yep, a better canon - where Heir to the Empire came after Return

Comment

‘Asura mentioning Heir to the Empire’ is on my personal Bordersdown Star Wars thread bingo card.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          ‘Asura mentioning Heir to the Empire’ is on my personal Bordersdown Star Wars thread bingo card.
          Is me posting "Best marketing stunt ever!" in the Sonic movie thread another box on that card? Because at this stage that's likely to be my epitaph.

Comment

Well it's not on my Bordersdown Star Wars thread bingo card, no, that would be weird.

It's on my entirely separate bingo card dedicated to your posts.

There's nothing strange about me having this.

Also, what did you have for dinner last night? I'm right behind your bin and it smells really off.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              Where's my Top Gun about X-Wing pilots?

Where's my The Warriors about a group of Jedi evading Order 66?

Where's my The Seven Samurai about a group of bounty hunters who defend a township on Tatooine from a band of Tusken Raiders?
              Just wanted to say, happy that we're getting the first one of these, and we got the final one in an episode of The Mandalorian.

Comment

The Stat Wars website formally describes the talked about plot for Palpatine's return for Ep9.

Despite fan moaning, I'll agree about the execution but I've zero issues with the idea behind it

Comment

Nah, it was rubbish.

Comment

7-9 were utter garbage in every way, yet Rogue One & Solo are largely overlooked now despite being very solid films in their own rights, just stupid.
                    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 04-08-2021, 21:41.

Comment

7 is repetitive but well made and better looking a mountains worth better than all 3 prequels before it at the time

8 isn't as bad as SW nuts have it and it's easily the most interesting of the new trilogy but a fairly dry experience

9 is the weakest plotted, the most narratively compromised film of the whole saga but its more fun than at least half of them

The Palpatine thing is like has been said before, it comes out of nowhere as a convenience tool because Last Jedi upended the table and Kylo would have been an utterly **** bad guy, its badly handled in a messy film etc but it does allign with what the previous trilogies established about him. It just should have been been set up from the start in a properly thought out way but that's the rule of the whole trilogy. The prequels remain the utter gutter trash of all 11 films.

Comment

I thought Rogue One wasn't much but I did enjoy Solo despite it being panned by the critics.

Comment

Rogue One is a weird one for me. I really like it, but then I'm quite visually driven with movies like this and I love all of the settings, props, ships and costumes. It's the movie which is closest to what I think of when I try to picture Star Wars in my head; like when I was a kid and reading Rogue Squadron or Shadows of the Empire, in my mind they looked like Rogue One.

The characters are quite weak and the story needed a bit more time in the oven (I think it had a lot of re-editing? Like I'm sure I remember a scene in the trailer where Jyn Erso is dealing with an ATAT on the ground on Skarif, which never happens in the movie) but I love it regardless.

Comment

Rogue One didn't do it for me at all. I pissed meseln at Vader's costume, which looked like he'd got it from a fancy dress store. And that cheesy monologue where the woman saved the universe by talking the rebels around and they're all going "Hey, wait a minute!" "Let her speak" "Maybe she's onto something!" and all that kind of crap was the worst scene I've seen in a Star Wars since Anakin explained podracing ("It's very...very... ... ... dangerous.")

Comment

You guys are weird. Rogue One is great. Plus: Donnie Yen.

Comment

Initially I was a bit underwhelmed by Rogue One but its risen over time, particularly in light of the films that followed. It's weakest element remains Jones who is awful in the lead role.

Solo is just a pretty empty, flat experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X