Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the Mariko revision that cuts down on hacking ever come out? OG units are going to keep on rising in value at this rate

Comment

There could easily be a small handheld version. Of course, games that require joycons would not be compatible. So stupid.

Comment

Wait, explain how it's stupid that games that require joycons aren't compatible for some reason with your fictional small handheld version of a handheld system?

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          Even if I play devil's advocate I find it hard to come to the idea of a major revision, certainly not one where the physical design alters without requiring a whole new line of standard NS incompatibly joycons etc. The physical design largely is what it is...
          I don't see a X/Pro upgrade as likely (although more of a iPad 2) but it would be less surprising to see a n3DS/DSi type upgrade. Or even something like the DS Lite or GB Pocket that makes the unit more ergonomic and desirable.

Also at the same time we don't know the ratio of accessories Nintendo is selling so it's quite possible they may want to redesign the joycons etc. If it can increases their revenue in some ways (i.e. reduce the cost of manufacture gives them more pricing strategies and therefore sell more etc.).

EDIT - I guess what I mean is that if Joycons aren't flying off the shelves, then maybe a redesign to not only make them cheaper but also inject demand might be something Nintendo looks at. A simple adaptor for new joycons onto OG Switch isn't beyond the realms of possibility.
          Last edited by Digfox; 05-10-2018, 15:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            Did the Mariko revision that cuts down on hacking ever come out? OG units are going to keep on rising in value at this rate
            Patched units are about, yes.

Comment

Maybe that's why the cases are cracking. It's a feature. Can't pirate games on it if the system self-destructs, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Wait, explain how it's stupid that games that require joycons aren't compatible for some reason with your fictional small handheld version of a handheld system?
                Well, it is stupid how there is a choice of play styles but you lose functionality if you prefer one over the other. Motion controls for Mario that don't translate to the pro controller or handheld, for example.

Comment

Except they do in that example.

Comment

"Game Dev Story is coming to Switch!!
                    Developer Kairosoft is bringing a range of its mobile games to Switch which will begin to launch on October 11th and includes Game Dev Story, Hot Springs and Dungeon Village, each title will cost £8.99."

Hooray.

Wait.

Eight pounds ninety-nine pence?
                    Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Eight pounds ninety-nine penc?
                      Yikes!
                      Yeaaaaaah...

Admittedly though it depends if they're a rework or a port. Like if they're a straight port of the iOS version (which has already sold tons of copies at 1$) then it'll be odd. If they have new, redrawn visuals to take account of the bigger screen, or a reworked UI, or new features, they'll definitely be worth it.

I mean I've played Game Dev Story more than some £40 games I've bought in the past. These are among the few mobile titles I want to see move over to other platforms, because they're good, fully purchaseable games. They're simple, but extremely charming.

Comment

I don’t think they’ll be reworked and I don’t see much of a need to. Most of the paid ones are over €5 on iOS and the free ones I have little interest in. They’re good games and, while it would be nice if they are as cheap as the mobile versions, good games for under a tenner seems good to me.

Comment

If they’re no better than the mobile version then just buy them in your phone for cheaper!

Comment

Yep. And they work great on mobile.

Comment

I saw Psyvariar Delta in EBgames yesterday, so naturally I tried to buy it. When the staff member told me it was out of stock, I asked him if it was actually out yet and was told it was.

I checked myself, the only places listing it were EBgames and VG+. For October 30th.

Can't remember what my point was, but now I want to buy it.

Also, Steredenn: Binary System is awesome and rock-solid.

Comment

Touch Detective: Nameko Dai Hanshoku, originally a 3DS title, is coming to Switch on December 20. Will have English language options unlike the 3DS version.

I’ve never played a Touch Detective game before but I know Atlus and 505 Games published the two DS games in the US and in UK respectively. The cover art has always intrigued me.

Comment

Working...
                                X