This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
    I do yes, I know I can get the Genki adapter but I don't feel like I should have to... Having to use older headphones with the Switch is a bit of an annoyance.
    I would like this too especially as there is a plush by mobile vendors to remove the headphone jack people will be investing in Bluetooth headsets.

Having tried many different ones over the years I have always find there to be lag on the audio when watching video and may be a technical hurdle to overcome. From what I understand PS4 and Xbox1 don't do Bluetooth audio so I assume they have some proprietary easy of doing it?
    Originally posted by fuse View Post
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the suggestion that the #1 most needed feature is 4k.

If there is to be a revision, I'd like for them to be considerate regarding some of the peripherals (FlipGrip, Genki etc...) that have come up for the original. On one hand it'd be crappy for those guys if they started to offer those features as standard, but that'd be better for everyone as consumers. Worst case scenario though is that they don't offer those features in a revision and instead do something that breaks compatability with the existing peripherals. Please don't do that, Nintendo.
    It's 4k upscale not actual 4k for games. Will stop multiple devices upscaling 900p - 1080p - 4k.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

My Switch wishlist is probably a simple one: better, stronger build quality. Yeah, a better kickstand would be good too but I almost never use it in reality. Everything else on the Switch I am very happy with as is but the build quality is not good.

Comment

What's wrong with the build quality, mine sits in my dock so never readily noticed. Mostly but when it first came out I saw all the usual videos about trying to see how much damage it would withstand and it seemed very well built.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

A lot of us have had cracks around the power button. Mine started as a barely noticeable line which eventually became a chip and now a much longer line. It's a pretty common issue even if the system is treated really well. Even without that though, I don't think it feels sturdy enough for a system designed to be moved in and out of the dock and to be held by Joycons attached to the sides - aside from the screen scratches which people have had, I just have my doubts about how the system would hold up over 5 years of use or so. I have also personally had issue with the original Joycons and, searching, I am far from the only one although I get the impression there have already been some improvements in those in the newer Joycons.

Comment

That's why I think anything to do with 4K is the least likely on that list. Nintendo has never cared about improvements of that nature and frankly the hardware wouldn't benefit much from it, it's not exactly stellar at 1080p thanks to their lack of interest in AA. Most of the list is doable but if anything requires a change that affects compatibility or support for existing users and units it's likely safe to rule out also (e.g a new dock would have to work with the old units etc). I don't doubt a proper revision will come but I think these rumours still come down to the original spark that created them, with the sales the system is enjoying any change will still have far more to do with tightening system security than it does anything that greatly benefits users.

That said, an actual small form handheld only Switch is still the biggest omission Nintendo has.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the suggestion that the #1 most needed feature is 4k.
              It's a short video and worth a watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                A lot of us have had cracks around the power button. Mine started as a barely noticeable line which eventually became a chip and now a much longer line. It's a pretty common issue even if the system is treated really well. Even without that though, I don't think it feels sturdy enough for a system designed to be moved in and out of the dock and to be held by Joycons attached to the sides - aside from the screen scratches which people have had, I just have my doubts about how the system would hold up over 5 years of use or so. I have also personally had issue with the original Joycons and, searching, I am far from the only one although I get the impression there have already been some improvements in those in the newer Joycons.
                Oh yeah I do now recall the issues with the cracks and warping.

Agree about the Joycons even after being sent back to Nintendo one of mine still has connection issues. Had some friends round a couple of weekends ago for some Mario party and the Joycons he brought round were even worse, lost connectivity a lot.

Comment

And a cheaper price point I forgot to add. Switch is well overpriced for what it actually is.

Comment

I doubt a Joycon revision is high on Nintendo's priorities. Any Switch revision wouldn't need to be the basis of a Joycon revision as all eventual Switch variants would be compatible with the same Joycon designs. If Nintendo wanted to improve Joycon build they'd likely have already done it and released it in existing new sold systems and individually sold packs. With Nintendo faults seem to have to directly impact them for them to do something about it, it's funny because in their software and usually with their products they care a lot about quality but in other ways it's a race to the bottom like the tech used and their awful online service.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      And a cheaper price point I forgot to add. Switch is well overpriced for what it actually is.
                      Can't agree with that at all, while they could do a dockless SKU to reduce the price, over all IMO the Switch is fairly priced for what it is. Your essentially getting last gen games on a portable console that in itself is a technical marvel. The original breakdown of the Joycons that totalled the cost of all the parts put it pretty close to the retail price.

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
                        Can't agree with that at all, while they could do a dockless SKU to reduce the price, over all IMO the Switch is fairly priced for what it is. Your essentially getting last gen games on a portable console that in itself is a technical marvel. The original breakdown of the Joycons that totalled the cost of all the parts put it pretty close to the retail price.
                        Not really. It’s an NVIDIA shield with a screen.

Switch: £277 at Amazon.
                        PS4 slim: 287 amazon.

Switch is overpriced sorry, as is the usual way with Nintendo.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          Not really. It’s an NVIDIA shield with a screen.

Switch: £277 at Amazon.
                          PS4 slim: 287 amazon.

Switch is overpriced sorry, as is the usual way with Nintendo.
                          It's an Nvidia Shield with a screen, Joycons and a dock.

I don't know what comparing it to a PS4 does unless they have a SKU that is portable with current gen graphics then yeah I would say it's over priced.

Comment

I'd like a revision where I don't have to worry about cracks in the case that I have to repair myself because Nintendo don't do customer service.
                            [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION] I've still got that spare backplate if you want it.

Comment

New thread here:

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                                I'd like a revision where I don't have to worry about cracks in the case that I have to repair myself because Nintendo don't do customer service.
                                [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION] I've still got that spare backplate if you want it.
                                Thank you! I might need to reconsider taking you up on that. My crack has spread all down the back. Ahem.

Comment

Working...
                                X