This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    I did, funnily enough, in Y. I got all the way to the end having not created a decent Electric type (I just never happened to catch one). I ended up having to level up a Jolteon to beat one of the Elite Four.
    I'd probably have just popped an X Attack/X Special or two and pushed through with not very effective... moves.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      I'd probably have just popped an X Attack/X Special or two and pushed through with not very effective... moves.
      I was probably under-leveled. I'm still following my path-of-least-resistance approach to JRPGs.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        I was probably under-leveled. I'm still following my path-of-least-resistance approach to JRPGs.
        Perhaps then. I always make a habit of fighting every trainer and trying to find every item in the field where possible!

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
          Just bought SNK 40th anniversary from the USA store , wow a amazing history of SNk before all the metal slugs and king of fighters.

never played most of these games and the emulation is perfect , if you like retro it’s a Must buy
          Only downside is the rotary games. They control fine but if you have played the originals, with the rotary controller (or own them like me) then anything else just feels wrong. Can't really explain it. Great collection though and I also picked it up.

Comment

Japanese physical release of Katamari Damacy will have English language options.

Comment

^^ This is what happens each and every time I try Pokemon. I end up with one powerhouse who gets me beyond half-way through the game and then I hit a brick wall as it's not suited to progress. All my other guys are level n00b, so the thought of going back and grinding each of them up is severely off-putting.

I did try to level up six guys equally on Emerald but ran into the same issue regardless.
              Last edited by dataDave; 15-11-2018, 06:02.

Comment

J-release of RPG Maker MV Trinity has an English language option. Hopefully the stand-alone player will be out soon too.

Also noticed that Onimusha is coming out on the J shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                  Japanese physical release of Katamari Damacy will have English language options.
                  That’s good to know. It looks like a US physical release is coming too, and 2 weeks earlier on Dec 7th.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    That’s good to know. It looks like a US physical release is coming too, and 2 weeks earlier on Dec 7th.
                    Aaaw. I mean, it's a good thing but I've already preordered the Japanese version.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                      J-release of RPG Maker MV Trinity has an English language option. Hopefully the stand-alone player will be out soon too.

Also noticed that Onimusha is coming out on the J shop.
                      I can't imagine trying to use RPG Maker on console. All that typing! I know you can plug in a USB keyboard but I'd never buy a console version over the PC.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                        ^^ This is what happens each and every time I try Pokemon. I end up with one powerhouse who gets me beyond half-way through the game and then I hit a brick wall as it's not suited to progress. All my other guys are level n00b, so the thought of going back and grinding each of them up is severely off-putting.

I did try to level up six guys equally on Emerald but ran into the same issue regardless.
                        Dave, the newer games, sun & moon resolve this old issue by giving you an XP share item from the start of the game, this gives your whole team half the xp your main gets from every battle thus keeping them relatively topped up throughout the game level wise, if you hit a brick wall you can then do a small amount of grinding as your main to get them up to level, rather than having 1 level 80 main and a whole team of level 5's.

I would give Sun & moon a go, they are very well rounded games with a lot of the old niggles ironed out.
                        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 15-11-2018, 09:02.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post

You need to treat the other five as sacrifices for firing off a Revive/Full Restore combo to get your powerhouse up and running again!

Also in the modern games Exp Share is ridiculous and means that the rest of your unused party will be around 10-15 levels below your powerhouse by the time you reach the Elite Four.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            GameStop exclusive though so expensive shipping and probably import fees. Pre-ordered the JP version myself

Comment

Oh really? PA have got it on preorder for £24 which doesnt seem too bad.

Comment

[MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION], what do you mean by the standalone player?

Comment

Working...
                                X