Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it's having it on a 4K TV but I still maintain that NS games look lovely in handheld generally and like utter tripe on TV. You could cut yourself on the abundance of jaggies on display.

Battery wise, I tend get two mornings from a charge and put it on suspend between those two. The battery doesn't really go down at all for me when in that mode, goes down fast with play though. Maybe 3-4hrs tops total before it needs charging up again.

Comment

Yep, 3-4 hours for me too. Which feels poor but I have only really hit that a couple of times so I guess for most of my use it's okay.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        I bloody hope he's playing Mario docked! What a waste, if not. I mean, you're not missing much other than it looking absolutely spectacular on a big screen.

It might just be me, this... But do some games look scaled back in handheld mode? I don't just mean in terms of the 720p resolution, but also in the effects/details department. Have DF anything to say in this regard?
        Playing it in handheld. Borrowed my mates unit and I couldn’t be bothered with the faff of taking his when the unit is

A: a hand held anyway.
        B: my 2nd hdmi port on my tv is dead and I can’t be dealing with swapping the PS4 out constantly when the Switch is (see point A)

Thanks for the info guys, I obviously didn’t hold the power button long enough when I tried that the other night.

Comment

So when or how do we buy the NES joycons ?

Comment

You sign up for Nintendo's online service
            Then you have to check in with Nintendo on a weekly basis.
            Nintendo then check you've never posted anything negative about them on gaming forums
            That you've never downloaded a ROM
            That you've never uploaded video of a Nintendo game to YouTube and tried to monetise it
            That you've bought at least one Amiibo

Then you can apply for your NES joycons - only one though

Comment

Fancied a spot of Splatoon 2 Salmon Run today. No go they said. Turned out I needed an online subscription. What Playstation Plus-style bonuses did my money get me? NES games? Talk about scraping the barrel. Only Game & Watch games would be a bigger insult. NES games indeed. Wow. So, yeah, barring corrupted local save files, I'm doing exactly the same stuff I was yesterday, no more, no less, but paying for the privilege. Maybe I should start watching gaming news n previews again cos I was pretty surprised and pretty disappointed. Had no idea it would be this meagre. It's only £18, granted, but still...

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              Maybe it's having it on a 4K TV but I still maintain that NS games look lovely in handheld generally and like utter tripe on TV. You could cut yourself on the abundance of jaggies on display.
              Even when I jump on the Switch immediately after playing something in 4K on the PS4 Pro, Switch games look really good. How big is your TV? The bigger the screen, the jaggier the jaggies.
              Last edited by Zen Monkey; 19-09-2018, 16:31.

Comment

I kind of begrudge having to pay to play but I loves the Splatoon so had cough up and suck it up

Comment

Screw Splatoon, it's all about River City Ransom online co-op.

Comment

I bought the family account. Not even 100% sure I had to as the accounts on my Switch didn’t even seem to check after mine was activated. I can’t find any kind of account management settings to see who is on my family account or how to add someone. I just threw money at them for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post

Even when I jump on the Switch immediately after playing something in 4K on the PS4 Pro, Switch games look really good. How big is your TV? The bigger the screen, the jaggier the jaggies.
                      It's only a 43 incher (oh matron!) but I don't have image issues with any other machine at 1080p, Switch just always looks fugly on the big screen by comparison.

Comment

Super NES icons have apparently been data-mined from the NES Online emulator.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                          It's only a 43 incher (oh matron!) but I don't have image issues with any other machine at 1080p, Switch just always looks fugly on the big screen by comparison.
                          Same here. 40” 4K used at monitor distance. Switch looks like a ps3, which is expected I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            I bought the family account. Not even 100% sure I had to as the accounts on my Switch didn’t even seem to check after mine was activated. I can’t find any kind of account management settings to see who is on my family account or how to add someone. I just threw money at them for some reason.
                            You add the other accounts via their linked email addresses apparently. You can do it through the website.

Comment

I think they are all on my email address, which is another quirk of the Nintendo system. But I have found where to access it through the website. It's all rather basic. I'm conflicted on whether that is a positive or negative. On the one hand, it seems to have worked automatically. On the other, I'm not sure how easy it would all be to amend if things got messy. But then they give all control to the parent account when there are child accounts within that and that's a good thing. For example, I couldn't remember the passwords for the kids' accounts but, as the parent, I don't need them. As long as I have my own password, I can change theirs. That's handy.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                Super NES icons have apparently been data-mined from the NES Online emulator.
                                They will be carted out this time next year when everyone's membership expires.

Comment

Working...
                                X