This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    If it did utilise lobby functionality it'd be great. There would be no problems. But it doesn't, it doesn't really do much of anything.

As for Smash itself the WiiU version let you invite friends, this one doesn't. It also took away several other online options.
    Wait what? You can’t even invite other players to your game of smash IN GAME? That’s atrocious. Back to local multiplayer for you Nintendo.

Comment

Hard to do links for this one without getting into shaky ground but as part of the ongoing homebrew development scene a rudimentary video playing software programme has been released call PPlay for Switch where you can now watch your vids, movies and programmes on the Switch. The whole scene there continues to bound forward.

Comment

Daaaaaamn son, City of Brass announced for Switch - 8th February! I've been wanting to play this for ages, but I was hoping PSVR support might come to the PS4 version. Well sod that now (or rather after confirmation that it doesn't run like slop on the Switch).

Comment

New Nintendo Switch: 6 Hardware Upgrades We Must See

Just seen and taken from ResetEra - DF's look at 6 things they would like to see in the upcoming Switch Hardware revision.
          1. 4K output support (upscaling the games to 4K and outputting a 4K signal to the TV to avoid double-upscaling)
          2. WiFi quality improvements
          3. better dock to stop scratching the screen
          4. larger internal storage
          5. better kickstand
          6. bigger screen size (smaller bezels)

As noted in the video none of these seem out of the realm of possibility and indeed the arguments are well made for in the video. They reference battery life and the 'silently' improved joycons since launch near the end.

Comment

At the risk of another trip and a fall I'd currently happily say:

1 - 4K: No chance of happening at all
            2 - WiFi: Quite possible
            3 - Dock: Possible
            4 - Internal storage: Possible but it'd be a small bump
            5 - Kickstand: Possible though never had issues with the current one
            6 - Bigger screen/smaller bezels: Very likely but a small increase to maintain existing dimensions

Any revision is going to be a minimal affair, 3DS XL style. Era really needs to calm itself down when it comes to Nintendo hardware revisions.

Comment

These are pretty minimal hardware revisions and most of the responses seem pretty sensible on ResetEra. There might be a few expecting unreasonable things but this list certainly isn't.

Their item 1; is 4K Output/Upscaling, NOT Rendering. So just for video output when docked and not native rendering for the games (similar to Xbox One S). As they note Tegra can already do this but needs the newer standard of USB-C (or at a guess a seperate HDMI 2.0/Output chip which would probably be more unlikely).
              Last edited by Digfox; 15-01-2019, 23:19.

Comment

All I need is a Pro Controller revision with a slightly better d-pad and a headphone jack

Comment

8BitDo SF 30 Pro FTW for Switch controllers. Apart from it can’t boot the system.
                  Last edited by J0e Musashi; 15-01-2019, 23:11.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

All of those hardware tweaks sound reasonable and sensible for a ‘New’ Switch. I think that’ll be about the limit of any changes.

Comment

I'm putting my money on battery life actually being SHORTER on a revised Switch.

Comment

It needs Bluetooth built in

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                          It needs Bluetooth built in
                          It has Bluetooth, that's how the controller's connect.

I suspect you mean Bluetooth for audio.

Comment

Console just needs a bigger battery & better designed dock to stop scratching, otherwise it does everything it needs too.

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
                              It has Bluetooth, that's how the controller's connect.

I suspect you mean Bluetooth for audio.
                              I do yes, I know I can get the Genki adapter but I don't feel like I should have to... Having to use older headphones with the Switch is a bit of an annoyance.

Comment

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the suggestion that the #1 most needed feature is 4k.

If there is to be a revision, I'd like for them to be considerate regarding some of the peripherals (FlipGrip, Genki etc...) that have come up for the original. On one hand it'd be crappy for those guys if they started to offer those features as standard, but that'd be better for everyone as consumers. Worst case scenario though is that they don't offer those features in a revision and instead do something that breaks compatability with the existing peripherals. Please don't do that, Nintendo.

Comment

Working...
                                X