This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo Switch: Thread 06

We lost four full threads of NS discussion! So, a fresh start with good news for Nintendo

The Japanese gamemaker's latest device is America's fastest-selling home console.

Switch is the fastest selling console in US history

I can't wait for this console to come out. Anyone else getting one?

Comment

After the WiiU? Not a chance. This will flop.

Comment

Lol.

Quick question on the switch... I'm tempted to get one before doing lots of travel this year. What battery/charge and case options do people use? What are the best things to take on the go?

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          Lol.

Quick question on the switch... I'm tempted to get one before doing lots of travel this year. What battery/charge and case options do people use? What are the best things to take on the go?
          For cases you generally have two options; either ones which contain the console, some game cards and a few small peripherals, or bigger ones which contain the machine, charger, base station and everything. For the former, there are many different ones but they're all pretty much the same; for the latter, GAME have a good-looking one that seems to be Nintendo-endorsed.

In terms of battery options, I would look up some resources online to make sure you're getting the right thing. The Switch's battery life is short by handheld console standards, but more-over, the machine is quite power-hungry, and if you don't get the right battery, it will discharge faster than it charges, meaning you can't "run" it and it won't charge properly. People have made lists/defined the necessary standards though.

Comment

Not sure if this was posted previously, but here's a Switch dock that's also a projector.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Not sure if this was posted previously, but here's a Switch dock that's also a projector.

It's really far too expensive for what it is. Last I heard it was £300; I have a very good Pico projector with a built-in battery, and it cost me less than £100. This is really just that with a bigger battery and a different plastic shell.

That being said, it will be a good piece of kit if mine is anything to go by. They work surprisingly well. I rig mine up when we go camping in the evenings, and in an out-of-town campsite (where it gets particularly dark during the night) you can easily throw a screen with a ten foot diagonal. It's a real crowd-pleaser.

Comment

What are the big games for Q1?

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                  What are the big games for Q1?
                  Ooh, ooh, I know this one!!!

Erm...nope.

Comment

Kirby's out at some point but that's pretty much it. Nintendo have a Direct on the way soon so we'll likely find out whether loads is coming or if old habits are returning

Comment

Alleged Jan direct leak ??? DKC4 , Metroid 4 , GameCube VC and Smash

Comment

Yoshi and Kirby are the next games. I imagine they'll release Smash in the summer, too.

Comment

Galaxy HD would be nice.

Comment

Looks like the USA is getting the neon pink & green splatoon joycon bundle but the kicker is it's the reverse pair to the Jp & euro set so you can make a complete pair of pink & greens if you wish to.

Will be getting that at some point if i can find a set on release.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              Looks like the USA is getting the neon pink & green splatoon joycon bundle but the kicker is it's the reverse pair to the Jp & euro set so you can make a complete pair of pink & greens if you wish to.

Will be getting that at some point if i can find a set on release.
                              That's all well and good, but have you seen these yet? Tempted to grab a pair while they're available.

Comment

Working...
                              X