Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay!! Nancy is teething. #KillMeNow

Comment

Our youngest seems to have just about finished teething for now, which is just as well, because it was an absolute twat this time round. With the first, she struggled with the first tooth but the rest were OK. With the second, it was just total torture from start to finish.

On a lighter note though, I got called a "pen with monkey poo on" (WTF?), "Miss Poo" and "Miss Horse Poo" over breakfast this morning.

Comment

I totally forgot to take my son's tooth and leave a message and pound and he was devastated this morning. Ooops!

Comment

Nancy is 6 months old today!

Time flying!!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            I totally forgot to take my son's tooth and leave a message and pound and he was devastated this morning. Ooops!
            I remember my last baby tooth. By this time I knew there was no such thing as the tooth fairy. That night I left the "tooth fairy" a fairly lengthy note explaining why my tooth was worth £10.

The note and tooth disappeared the next morning and there wasn't so much as 10p, let alone £10. My mother told me the "tooth fairy" read my note, had a good laugh and disappeared.

Good life lesson

Comment

I'm totally using that one when the time comes...

My youngest (14 months) is on the verge of walking but is currently climbing up stuff like a daredevil. My other daughter never did this so it's all new territory... Turned around yesterday and she'd literally pulled herself from standing up onto our bed with just arm strength alone. Thankfully though after two crazy suicide head first dismounts off the same bed she learned to swivel round and drop the legs.

It's insane how quick they learn stuff.

Comment

Comment

Was I playing Monster Hunter: World all night?

No, I was sewing, gluing and painting my son's World Book Day costume.

Comment

Nancy weighed yesterday.

14lbs 14oz.

Started on solids too.

Comment

Was I playing Monster Hunter: World all night?

No, I was sewing, gluing and painting my son's World Book Day costume.
                      Came out alright:

Comment

Another check in for SFJr2 at the hospital for her medication, another day of incompetence from the staff. Hopefully next time we'll be lining up for her treatment course to end, just a reminder that funding isn't their only issue.

Comment

Biggest regret during parenthood so far is getting my boys GOLD accounts so they can play Fortnite.

They've enjoyed gaming for a fair few years, almost self-regulating the odd Wii or Xbox sesh with many other things. Fortnite for them is so addictive it's now all they talk about and all they want to do in their spare time. I can understand how much fun it is, running around with your mates on an island having a blast, but the negatives have far outweighed the positives so far.

I have no point of comparison with my own experiences because I hardly played videogames as a kid (only at the local ice rink where I spent nearly every Saturday from 10.00am - 10.00pm). This is probably why I went doo-lally with videogames once I started earning money

Back on point though, we've never had to regulate videogame time with our two (both very active, sports clubs, love fresh air etc) but Fortnite has really taken hold of them. Right now their xbox consoles are away ... and when that 6-month GOLD membership ends, it ends.

Some things are simply hard to enjoy in sensible amounts, even for adults. That's why I stopped playing WoW with my workmates after three months.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            Biggest regret during parenthood so far is getting my boys GOLD accounts so they can play Fortnite.

They've enjoyed gaming for a fair few years, almost self-regulating the odd Wii or Xbox sesh with many other things. Fortnite for them is so addictive it's now all they talk about and all they want to do in their spare time. I can understand how much fun it is, running around with your mates on an island having a blast, but the negatives have far outweighed the positives so far.

I have no point of comparison with my own experiences because I hardly played videogames as a kid (only at the local ice rink where I spent nearly every Saturday from 10.00am - 10.00pm). This is probably why I went doo-lally with videogames once I started earning money

Back on point though, we've never had to regulate videogame time with our two (both very active, sports clubs, love fresh air etc) but Fortnite has really taken hold of them. Right now their xbox consoles are away ... and when that 6-month GOLD membership ends, it ends.

Some things are simply hard to enjoy in sensible amounts, even for adults. That's why I stopped playing WoW with my workmates after three months.
                            It's such an in thing at the moment, quite a few of my Xbox friends play with their kids.
                            My Niece and Nephew stayed for the weekend and it was all they could talk about.

This just comes in a long list of things that have been fashionable, Skylanders, Minecraft, Fortnite.

My sister actually uses the parent controls on their Xboxes, you can give them an hourly allowance of screentime on their xbox and after that it won't let them play. It's really well done, they get notifications popping up telling them how long they have left.
                            I think you can even set it so it won't work at all during specific times.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                              It's such an in thing at the moment, quite a few of my Xbox friends play with their kids.
                              My Niece and Nephew stayed for the weekend and it was all they could talk about.

This just comes in a long list of things that have been fashionable, Skylanders, Minecraft, Fortnite.

My sister actually uses the parent controls on their Xboxes, you can give them an hourly allowance of screentime on their xbox and after that it won't let them play. It's really well done, they get notifications popping up telling them how long they have left.
                              I think you can even set it so it won't work at all during specific times.
                              It is reassuring mine aren't the only two so taken by it

As for other fads/trends, they have all been far less of an obsession than Fortnite. That's the difference I'm experiencing.

I applied a daily allowance of time on my youngest son's console but it always runs out during 'the most amazing game ever' so causes much frustration. That's why we've just taken the consoles away for a bit ... just need them to re-focus on other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                It is reassuring mine aren't the only two so taken by it

As for other fads/trends, they have all been far less of an obsession than Fortnite. That's the difference I'm experiencing.
                                It's a proper cultural phenemomen.

I'd assume that it's because it's accessible to every child at zero cost which has made it so popular. All the consoles, phone, PC, all Free.
                                No waiting for birthdays, christmas, pocket money or constant badgering required.

Comment

Working...
                                X