No announcement yet.

Life as a Parent 2.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh, aah. That's how it always starts but later on there's running and screaming.

Congrats though. It is both amazing and terrifying.

Comment

Congratulations to you both!

Comment

Congrats [MENTION=2561]fishbowlhead[/MENTION] & fam

Comment

Thanks all, its been a rough few days but we’re through the worst of it now and mini fish is doing really well.

I’ve had to come home as I can’t stay in the ward but I think this is a blessing anyway, the wards are outrageously hot with no temp control (its all done on the building as a whole) and the chairs are designed to be uncomfortable. So ill get a decent nights sleep tonight and back up the hospital in morning.

Looking forward to them coming home now.

Comment

Yeah I remember my night coming back and leaving them there. I was exhausted but had so much going through my head I couldn't sleep. I pretty much sat down stairs until the early hours in a weird daze.

Comment

Congrats to you and the family! Delighted to hear the little one's well

Comment

Congrats fishbowlhead and family

Comment

Best wishes and congratulations.

Comment

Congrats, mate!

Welcome to the cool dads club. Glad you’re all doing ok

Comment

Thanks Guys, their coming home today at some stage so I’m looking forward to that, and first introductions between baby and dog 😊

Comment

Last few days were an adjustment in schedule after they come home. Obviously everything has to be about baba and feeding so we’ve been getting used to turns and getting her into a routine, she’s been fussy with her food so we had to work out a combo of breast, expressed & formula to get everything in her she needs, but were there now and she’s putting on weight already, mum is happier as well now.

Kiko our dog has been absolutely amazing from the moment they met, she’s besotted by baba, checking on her when she moved or cries, little licks and kisses and always careful when on the bed or sofa, which is unlike kiko as she’s normally a tiny beagle bull in a china shop.

Comment

Belated congratulations to you and the missus, fishbowlhead. Try to enjoy every moment, even the be****ten ones!

Silly swear-filter filtered a perfectly respectable medieval-era swear, denoting to be covered with excrement.
                          Last edited by Golgo; 03-02-2023, 11:53.

Comment

At not even 10 months the little fecker is talking, mostly dada but she can say mumma, doggy, granda and nanna, and today she walked independently for the first time and then for about an hour and half. She's been walking round tables and sofas for a good month now but today she got her confidence up and walked across the room away from the tables and sofas, using a DuelSense as a counter balance.

Also where's this cute bit where you can put them down and do your stuff for a month or so huh? she started crawling at 5 months, filthy filthy liars

Comment

When this school year started the school our two eldest kids go to made the eye wateringly stupid decision to break up every class in every year of the school and to re-assign all of the kids to new classes meaning that in a single swoop they started their new year of school having immediately lost some, half or in some cases nearly all of their friends. Thankfully ours didn't face this in their final year of the school, so little was the thought that went into the decision. However, as the year has gone on there's definitely been a decline in the quality of the friendships the kids have and more confrontation with other children. On top of that our eldest is in the 8/9 year old bracket and the kids are reaching that point where many are clearly being allowed access to content at home that they shouldn't be and bringing those references etc into class which is really helping us with keeping things appropriate for the 3 year old in the room.

Comment

Working...
                              X