Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
    Think it’s time to post this.

Mini Prinny was born on 7th January at 12.48pm, weighing in at 7lb 8oz.

Quite the miracle - we were told that children were an impossibility.

He’s a yowling, twisty-faced moaner, full of wind. He’s inherited all my best points.
    Congrats!!

Comment

This is great news [MENTION=7343]prinnysquad[/MENTION]

Comment

Congrats! Nice that he waited till after Xmas for you too, those first six months...

Comment

Fab news [MENTION=7343]prinnysquad[/MENTION] ... congratulations

Comment

He’s a yowling, twisty-faced moaner, full of wind. He’s inherited all my best points.
            Congratulations pal

Comment

Congrats, Prinny! Amazing news!

Comment

Wowee!

Congratulations, Prinny!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Grats Prin!

Comment

Thanks, chaps.

7th day in hospital now. Work have been so understanding. I took two days off - one for the birth and one because I was absolutely exhausted. The day after, in between trips to hospital, I went into work to face a ‘back to work’ interview and them investigating whether or not they had to pay me.

Comment

Congrats man, enjoy it.

Comment

Wow, this is ****e.

The little gimp spends 23.5/7 either dropping his guts, crying, sleeping, whining or chomping tit. He looks around in silence for about 30 minutes a day before reverting to type. Apart from those precious minutes, he might as well be back in the womb.

It’s like having a really crap pet. He’s just got no apparent self-awareness and doesn’t react to context. I feel like a caretaker, wiping arse and transporting rubbish from one room to the other.

Things better improve, and pronto.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It’s like having a really crap pet.
                            ... totally cracked me up
                            Last edited by Atticus; 20-01-2019, 22:01.

Comment

It does start to improve. Honestly, once you get into month seven things start to settle a bit more...

Comment

Wow, this is ****e.

The little gimp spends 23.5/7 either dropping his guts, crying, sleeping, whining or chomping tit. He looks around in silence for about 30 minutes a day before reverting to type. Apart from those precious minutes, he might as well be back in the womb.

It’s like having a really crap pet. He’s just got no apparent self-awareness and doesn’t react to context. I feel like a caretaker, wiping arse and transporting rubbish from one room to the other.

Things better improve, and pronto.
                                It really is rubbish for the first year.

My wife and I met up with a couple who have about 10 weeks to go for their first baby to arrive and we tried not to sugarcoat things without scaring them.

Similar to you, Prin, when you're told you can't have kids and then it happens, there's this weird guilt complex where if you ever complain about the situation, you feel bad because it nearly never happened or there are plenty of others who are unable to have children.

You lose any right to be unhappy and when it's 4:37am in the morning and you've only had a max of 30 mins sleep and you have to be up for work in less than 2 hours, that's exactly what you are.

If you ever feel like that, it's OK, mate.

I should also mention you should never take part in the tiredness Olympics with your missus. You're both tired, there is no winner, so never claim you're more tired.

Comment

Working...
                                X