Life as a Parent 2.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
    He’s asleep in the bouncer. To be given a glimmer of hope... I’m so relieved I could cry.
    Happy for the breakthrough for you.

What I would say is; surely to stop your good lady from eating dairy you should eat more to ensure it doesn't tempt her...or have I got that wrong?

Comment

How old is yours Prinny? Only because I didn't think you were supposed to introduce cows milk fully into their diet until they were about a year old.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      I can't find a YouTube clip, but Michael McIntyre does a great routine about Calpol.
      We've got Calpol but only as a remedy post the immunisation shots Kathryn has had. Second set, she didn't really get as bad as the first thankfully. I don't think it's been administered yet otherwise.
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Ten and a half weeks, Mayhem.

Whatever is in the standard powdered formula is the cause of the issues. Lactose?

Comment

Quite possibly as the powder is based off cows milk. My commemt was based on actual liquid milk, before you get too worried! Having said that the ready made Prem2 stuff is not much different according to the ingredients list.
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I think it must be. He’s showing incremental signs of improvement!

Comment

That’s great news!

Comment

That’s great to hear Prinny, you were due some good luck 😊

On the subject of the importance of getting some time to yourself I’ve found a golden routine, quite by accident.

Obviously, when kids get older you get far less pure-quiet time after they’ve gone to bed. Which I felt, I won’t lie. But when my eldest started secondary school he has to be there at around 7.50. So I drive him (it’s a few miles away) and then take myself to work, arriving an hour early. So that’s become my Cafe Nero / Kindle time and it’s absolutely wonderful.

Parenting is demanding and you need your own space, however small the window. Grand parents don’t really help us (my mother basically can’t stand children, or anything interrupting her routine ) so it really is my peace-and-quiet golden hour for the day and I don’t mind admitting I love every moment.

Comment

Come on lads, chin up!

Could be worse; this lady could be your wife....

Big families are not unusual in the Ukrainian village of Glynn, but one couple has gone further than most.

Comment

Hey, welcome back [MENTION=1991]Taka[/MENTION]

Comment

Thanks Charles! Strange to be back, especially in a non-gaming and non-running thread! 😂

Was with the in-laws the weekend before last and we popped my son into their old high chair. He loved it as he finally felt like he was part of the conversation at the dining table, so off I rushed on to ebay to find something for him.

Picked up a used Stokke Tripp Trapp and all its modular parts to fashion something. He absolutely adores it and makes a change from having him on his play mat whilst my wife and I eat. Saved over £100 vs new and shouldn't lose anything if I move it on once he's outgrown it.

Comment

The saga continues. The doctor heard the screaming and submitted an ‘urgent referral’ to a paediatrician 7 days ago. Hopefully there’ll be some answers in that direction.

On the plus side, a woman came to the house today from a sling-hire company. She was a leggy WAD. Pretty enough, tall, slim. I had to spend the best part of an hour watching her trying slings on, bending over and bouncing around. I was gutted... when she left.

Comment

Any idea when you get your appointment? With the paediatrician I mean, not the sling lady.

Comment

If they haven’t arranged it by tomorrow, we have to ring them. It sounds like absurd logic to me - but hopefully we’ll at least have an appointment arranged by tomorrow.

As for the sling lady, in a rare moment of MrKitov-esque hubris, I think she might have been up for a ploughing, had circumstances been different.

Comment

Hope you get that appointment soon.

Also keep in mind there is a limit to how many slings you will be able to justify having.

Comment

The men of Bordersdown don’t keep count. They get them wrapped around their body, work their way through them, then move onto the next one.

We are talking slings, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X