Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Are they paying you?

You have a point vp. There is a balance to strike. And I wish in a way that the school had communicated to us not to put ourselves or the kids under too much pressure. Whatever they can do is a plus. They're already having to cope without seeing heir friends and going places, worried about grandparents, whether they'll get a holiday this year. They don't verbalise it loads but they're having to cope like the rest of us, and happiness is as important as anything else.
    It’s daft to apply any extra pressure at all. These are unusual times, just enjoy not being at school and work on their hobbies etc. Maybe mam can learn them some lifeskills round the house etc. It was only year 11s who had to worry and they had all their exams chalked off.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      That sounds brilliant. That kind of link would make such a difference to our two. A proper connection with a school day ... getting their brains out of home-mode ... seeing a teacher every day. Love the sound of that.
      Yeah, it works really well and it also keeps her connected to the rest of class so she doesn't feel like she is doing it all on her own. They get to see each other on these calls so it's a lot like being in class.

Comment

Not sure how as my mum is well connected with the neighbours but is sensible with social distancing, but apparently she’s helping the local kids/ teens with their school work. She’s a retired secondary school English teacher/ deputy headteacher so English is her strength but I bet she is being fantastic making up tasks/ lessons and projects for little ones as she always did for us during school holidays. Self-admittedly Rubbish at maths though, but brilliant at making educational stuff fun.

Comment

Second scan tomorrow, got a precautionary call from the hospital yesterday as they want to check there's no risk of bringing COVID into the building. I'm 100% still not allowed in so gotta charge the Switch and 3DS for a long car sitting experience in a car park.

Comment

Being the glutton for punishment that I am it would appear that t3ddy is due around the end of September.

Went for 12 week scan yesterday at a hospital that isn't the local one to us (due to Covid-19) and it turns out that we're a little further along than anticipated...20 weeks!

So, somewhere, we've lost nearly two months!!

Ah well. At least being furloughed has allowed me to get a load of decorating done but the pressure is on to get the rest done before the arrival.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              t3ddy
              Solid gold

Comment

Just pretend that you're so verile that's why it was immediately three months gone

Comment

T3ddy

Congrats Ted!

Comment

I've just realised that everytime my missus is pregnant so is Teddies... all three times in sync.

Teddy. I beg you. No fourth time!

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      I've just realised that everytime my missus is pregnant so is Teddies... all three times in sync.

Teddy. I beg you. No fourth time!
                      I wasn't planning on a third!!

Comment

SEX MACHINE

Congrats Arthur!

Comment

Randy Illiop

Comment

Woo! Teddylocks and the 3 baby bears!

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats Teddy!

Comment

Scan 02 complete. Due to the risks via Covid there will be 3 more scans across the final three months. But as it turns out Jr 3 is going to be another girl.

Comment

Working...
                                X