No announcement yet.

Life as a Parent 2.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our first Bravia copped an accidentally launched wooden block square in the middle of the screen when it was only a few weeks old. I was going to claim on the insurance but figured it could so easily happen again. Hey ho. That's pre-school kids and expensive/fragile stuff for ya

Saying that I've seen our kids' cousins (12 and 10) at grandma's house ... bashing the tv screen with their filthy hands. These are snobby rich kids too. Savages.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
      My 1 year old keeps touching my new Samsung QLED, thinking if he does Little Baby Bum will appear. From his perspective, a screen that isn't interactive is an anomoly, I guess. He doesn't understand that it's not okay to touch one screen when all of the others are constantly touched by mum and dad.
      This is adorable. The fact that the non-touch screen is in the minority.

I don't have kids yet but I've been preparing by not really looking after my stuff. I didn't even want to get a screen protector for the Switch but my wife bought one.

Comment

I have a bag of Disney Infinity that I am keeping until my son is 3 or so then that can be his introduction to gaming. He already goes for controllers and is intrigued by the idea of controlling things (he likes to press light switches and watch the lights turn on and off) so I reckon I have a future gamer. It'll be Nintendo for him, hopefully!

Comment

I think the missus is determined not to let Kathryn go anywhere near video games... wants her outside doing stuff... but... we shall see heh.
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

We had a new TV last about a week before a mysterious scratch and dead pixel appeared in the center of the screen. Damn kids.

Comment

That they self-fund themselves is nice, can't knock them for that but I can't help but be rubbed up the wrong way by stuff like this. There's a tipping point when it becomes self-interest and bad parenting, the children ceasing to enjoy real childhoods as result and 22 is staggering long beyond that point.

Comment

Yeah, those people are clearly nuts. No one needs to be bringing that many people into the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...Z9Ug&ocid=iehp

That they self-fund themselves is nice, can't knock them for that but I can't help but be rubbed up the wrong way by stuff like this. There's a tipping point when it becomes self-interest and bad parenting, the children ceasing to enjoy real childhoods as result and 22 is staggering long beyond that point.
                  "Sue and Noel run their own pie business and do not claim extra state benefits"

There's that at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                    "Sue and Noel run their own pie business and do not claim extra state benefits"

There's that at least.
                    What is in these pies?!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      What is in these pies?!
                      Children. (too dark?)

Comment

That was what I was insinuating, but thanks for taking us there, Dark Zaki.

Comment

Soylent kids

Comment

22 kids?!?

An overnight with my nieces is enough to drive me halfway to the funny farm....

I am sure meal times are fun though.......not!

Comment

I'm more inclined to think the practical reality is that the Dad has 0 kids, the Mum has 2 kids and then each eldest sibling each has one each in terms of responsibility.

22 Kids in it's highly questionable as to the reasons they keep pushing on with it. It can't be because they love children as they're unable to invest any substantial time or interest into the ones they have at that level. It's hard to believe the joy of a newborn is the addiction either given what that's like and how quickly duties have to be farmed off to another kid (plus there's a questionably mental approach to that being the deciding factor).

Couldn't possibly be a love of the media spotlight... could it...?

Comment

Every evening at dinner time it must be like they're catering an event.

Comment

Working...
                                X