No announcement yet.

Life as a Parent 2.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sure the ‘kids eat free’ restaurants run to bolt the door, when they see the family coming ��

Comment

Surely they can stop now they can have a full game of football with the family making up both sides?!

Comment

Getting more relatable by the day of late. Hard work bambino's lately

Comment

Daft Lad is one today.

I made it.

On the downside, he now has three different singing Igglepiggles.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
            Daft Lad is one today. I made it. On the downside, he now has three different singing Igglepiggles.
            Happy belated birthday.

Comment

Daft Lad is one today.

I made it.

On the downside, he now has three different singing Igglepiggles.
              Congrats, Prinny! I know it has been a tough journey but you’re one year down, as you say, you made it. How have things been recently?

Comment

He’s so so so much better. A real bundle of joy and a total charmer. Once the milk protein allergy was sussed, it was a different story. He’s a little sod in some respects - we can’t nail down sleeping routines whatsoever - but he is a very smiley little lad.

Comment

He’s so so so much better. A real bundle of joy and a total charmer. Once the milk protein allergy was sussed, it was a different story. He’s a little sod in some respects - we can’t nail down sleeping routines whatsoever - but he is a very smiley little lad.
                  That’s great to hear. Well not about the sleeping routines, but the rest of it! It would be great if he could crack the sleeping routines because having regularity is really good for the brain (yours, I mean - he’s fine regardless I’m sure). But having a happy kid is everything and it sounds like you’ve got that now. You did it!

Comment

Congrats there on some major progress

Kathryn is now 13 months, time has flown, she eats loads, barely rejects anything, is a total kleptomaniac, tries to sleep 10-12 hours at night, wants to walk everywhere even though she can't quite stand under her own power yet, and on the whole is mostly smiles and giggles. I think I got the good end of the stick, god knows what part of my genes she inherited hah...
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

So... as it turns out...

Comment

We're currently on our eighth childminder because they all quit.

Trying not to take it personally, but it's a monumental faff.

My Mom took the kids to school Wed-Fri, but with her being unwell that's had to stop.
                        Childminder did it this half-term, but will have to stop as she's running at a loss to do it.

I'm now unable to get my children to school as there are no spaces in the pre-school clubs.
                        I've asked another childminder - no reply.
                        I've asked a few friends, but I'm frustrated I can't just pay for a service to do this.

Comment

Are your kids real badduns?

Comment

You would think.

Comment

One of you can't start work later and come home later?
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Nancy had her 2 year health visitor check today.

She's 2 1/2 years old!!

Apparently the health visitor "missed" her off the system so it's taken this long for it to be sorted.

Anyway, no issues. Speech, development stuff, it's all good.

She's just a bit short.

Comment

Working...
                                X