No announcement yet.

Life as a Parent 2.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine aren't bothered by it at all. I think because they both make more noise then any vacuum ever could.

Comment

Not the hoover but I have known loads of kids (when I was a kid) growing up who were knicker-wetting terrified of the road sweeper machine hoover things, when they were small things not attached to big bin men trucks.

A girl that was the class bully when I was around 7 years old was screaming and crying one day when one went past and, apart from another girl who was either freaked out by her behavior or herself scared, we were all very confused and found it hilarious.

Comment

Hand dryers! My daughter hates hand dryers. Loud and scary.

Comment

One of my daughter's is scared of the hoover but the other two love it and basically try and ride on it when I'm trying to use it.

To bring l be honest I don't know which is worse!

Comment

Oh and congrats to those having a 3rd... You're completely ****ed... But you knew that already.

Comment

Mine loves the vacuum.

He somehow became scared of ghosts due to what happens on an episode of Paw Patrol. I showed him how ghosts can be fun by introducing him to Ghostbusters. After that Luigi's Mansion. So now he likes to walk around the house sucking up ghosts with the vac, then I have to go and put them in the bin outside.

Comment

So, week 33 starts today. 6 weeks to go.

Boy arrived on his exact due date.
                Sequel was 5 weeks early.

We're praying for a situation similar to Boy for number 3. If only because a week and a half is long enough to clear my list of house tasks.

Comment

You're making me nervous now. Jr1 arrived pretty much 2 weeks late for us, Jr2 just a day earlier than that so we've been cruising our way safely assuming we're gold until the day the c-section is booked in for 6 weeks tomorrow for us too so our combined BD Powers can will both babies to stay put!

Comment

I was reading about birthing partners during the Covid pandemic and it's a shambles.

If I'm not local when my wife goes into labour so somebody else takes her into hospital they will be the birthing partner. Once in they are not allowed to leave and must wear a mask at all times. You can't leave the hospital to get food so have to take everything in with you - despite not knowing how long you're likely to be in.

So, not only have i not been able to go to any scans I might actually miss the birth if I'm brought off furlough and sent back out to work.

Comment

Same here, in total the missus will end up having five scans thanks to heightened precautions but it means she feels more at risk being at the hospital more and I only got to go to the very first one. Sometimes it's been a four hour wait in the car park whilst she's in. Our only saving grace is that this one is a planned c-section due to how the first two deliveries went so all those rules apply but it won't be another 30+hr delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                        Mine loves the vacuum.

He somehow became scared of ghosts due to what happens on an episode of Paw Patrol. I showed him how ghosts can be fun by introducing him to Ghostbusters. After that Luigi's Mansion. So now he likes to walk around the house sucking up ghosts with the vac, then I have to go and put them in the bin outside.
                        Super cute.

Comment

Well Daft Lad was at my Mam’s today. He managed to step on one of these biscuits he eats and ground it up. I offered to sweep it up, but my stepdad decided to grab a little shark hand hoover thing.

This was the moment of truth. The moment my son proved he wasn’t a total wet wipe.

He cried. The second that the hand hoover was switched off, he was proper sobbing.

As punishment, Moon and Me has now entered the banned list.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                            Super cute.
                            He now has a Paw Patrol torch, so he's fully equipped for capturing ghosts.

Comment

My mum let us play a cassette player in the corridor so my sister and I could listen to a story/ kids rhyming tape from our separate bedrooms when we were little. One of these tapes in particular had some weird loud 'entertaining' end music to announce the end of the tape that terrified me to tears so my big sister would run out of bed and stop it before the music started once we recognized it.

She was nice and cute to me the times she wasn't picking on me in the car, trying to make me flush my foot down the loo or pushing me out the window to try and lock me out on the roof.

Comment

2.4 no more. At 4:30pm today and by god for the very final time we had the arrival of Jr3 - Aeryn

Comment

Working...
                                X