No announcement yet.

Assassin's Creed: Origins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the most enjoyable games I’ve played in a long time, over 100 hours spent on it over the last two weeks to complete most of it including all dlc

Comment

I finally picked this up on the cheap. I've pretty much played every AC game but after I did Unity and Syndicate back to back I needed a break.

I agree with pretty much everything that has been said in the thread esp. from Zen Monkey, it's the same but it's a little different. Combat is ok, I keep trying to spam roll like DS! That's my fault not the game's.

I am playing on easy as I just want to enjoy the other parts of the game without worrying about combat too much. It is a nice compromise. The biggest thing for me is that this is basically Ghost Recon Wildlands in ancient Egypt. It plays in exactly the same way, see base, get eagle to fly over base, tag enemies, kill enemies (I see you can even get the eagle to attack for you in one of the skills LOL). I loved Wildlands for what it was (not really a Ghost Recon game but that's OT) and I am enjoying this but I am finding it very hard to stay on mission. I keep finding other stuff to do I am already level 24 and only just exploring around the Alexandria region - I keep getting distracted by the bloody question marks, then saw the Pyramids so had to go immediately there!

I will most certainly get my value for money out of this, I can see an easy 80 or so hours.

Comment

Just finished this, after 60 hours and 70% of the trophies. Loved every minute of Bayek’s (tragic) story, and the wider political context. Some great writing and side missions, and it never felt bloated. I realised at the end that it was the experience I’ve been wanting from the last two Far Cry games: RPG elements, good storylines and a fantastic open world. Maybe FC6 will have it - if not, I’ve just bought AC Odyssey in the sale...

Comment

Working...
        X