No announcement yet.

[PC/XBOX] PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's strange that the more I've played it, I've thought this doesn't seem too bad now. There's some texture loading delay at the start and some anti-aliasing would be nice (probably no chance), but I really happy with it.

I was subject to cruelty last night. I went into what I thought was a baron house only to shotgunned down on entry of one of the rooms. Instead of finishing me off they cornered me into the small room and one guy blocked the door leaving me to crawl about helplessly. Basically I was bait and they were hoping I had team mates coming to revive me. It was a horrible feeling.

This game can really get the heart pumping.

Comment

PC version got the test servers for the new 4x4 map this morning. Plays much faster. Could be the future.

Comment

I've always said these games need more modes. Battle Royale is the main event but it needs to be kept fresh.

We've already seen Fortnite do stuff like 20 man squads but there is so much more scope they could explore.

Comment

The trouble PUBG faces is that the mechanics are still too rough for most other modes of play, it gets by mostly because so much of the experience involves requiring the player to do very little. This and Fortnite feel like they're attacking the same mode from opposite approaches but the balance lies somewhere in the middle. Other than polishing, PUBG needs to either reduce map size or increase player count beyond 100 to a level that maintains the tension that elevates it above Fortnite but also reduces player reliance on getting into the Top 10 just by sitting in a shed for 20 minutes. I'm still expecting one of the big companies like Activision or EA to do their version in a Battlefield or similar and pretty much close the market on PUBG.

Comment

I fully expect a Frostbite driven PUBG game soon.

Comment

I fully expect some Xbox updates soon

Comment

8th in my first game! Killed 1.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                  I fully expect some Xbox updates soon
                  There is usually a major update per month.

The new savage jungle map on PC looks excellent. Smaller, tight and dense foliage away from towns. Plays so much better than the massive Desert map which is coming to Xbox next month. I also note they are trying out a DM mode called War at the moment.

Not sure about that one but the smaller map is brilliant and is sorely needed on Xbox.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    8th in my first game! Killed 1.
                    That's pretty good!

Think my best was 14th I never know how to handle the confinements of the final circles. I just end up getting sniped from out of nowhere.

Comment

Yeah, same. The visuals are weird. I keep mistaking bushes for people

Comment

Yeah, I've had times where I'm spending an awful amount of time scoping what end up being just bushes.

The game looks tonnes better on PC. Smooth FPS and better textures etc.

Comment

Can you sell your rewards on for real money on PC? I'm sure I saw someone selling a virtual jacket for $40. When can we get this action on Xbox lol?

Comment

Yes. You can sell items and gun skins now on the Steam market or on sites like OPSkins.

Comment

You sold anything yourself?

Comment

Patch 12 is live on Xbox. PlayUnknown says the desert map, Miramar, will be coming "before the end of the month" - That's test servers in April and then live in May.

PUBG Xbox One Update 12 Patch Notes

Optimization And Stabilization

• Partially optimized the vehicle system. The dust effect caused by friction with the ground during driving has especially been optimized, and the vehicle system has been improved in part.
                                • Fixed a problem with voice chat that caused some crashes.
                                • Grass objects in Erangel have been optimized and will continue to be optimized going forward.

Gameplay

• Fixed a serious bug that caused vehicles to flip or get airtime for no reason. This includes the three-wheel bike.
                                • Fixed an issue where under certain circumstances the character would be upside down or seated in a strange position when moving seats while riding in vehicles.
                                • Player will receive more damage in a vehicle collision. The heavier the vehicle, the greater the damage inflicted upon the player. Also, players are now more likely to die or be knocked out when colliding with a vehicle running at high speed.
                                • The vehicle passenger will receive more damage when the vehicle crashes into an obstacle like a wall or tree. When crashing into something at high speed on a smaller vehicle, such as a motorcycle, the player will take much more damage.
                                • Fixed issue causing the 4x scope to be excessively reflective.

UI/UX

• Fixed issue causing certain UI layouts not being properly aligned.
                                • Fixed issue of buttons bound to the UI(map, inventory etc.) affecting vehicle operation.
                                • Fixed issue of equipment icons not shown properly on the HUD.
                                • Fixed issue of LT, RT scrolling not working in the inventory when using controller preset B.
                                • Fixed issue of excessive acceleration when the stick is tilted more than a certain angle depending on the R stick acceleration setting.
                                • Fixed issue of team member indicators incorrectly showing on the plane.

Other Bug Fixes

• Removed collision of discarded magazine on the floor after reloading.
                                • Fixed a cosmetic bug that occurred when characters wore certain clothing or shoes.
                                • Fixed issue of fonts breaking up in case of certain languages.

Scheduled Fixes For Identified Issues

• When changing the deadzone settings in the lobby, the options screen needs to be opened once again for the settings to be reflected. This issue will be fixed soon.

Cosmetics

Added a new free crate ("Western Military Crate") that can be earned with BP. Below is the list of items that can you can get from the Western Military Crate Drop Rates.
                                Last edited by hudson; 11-04-2018, 21:41.

Comment

Working...
                                X