No announcement yet.

[PC/XBOX] PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't mind it when I last played it, it is a slow experience that promotes spending half an hour hiding but it makes it fairly tense. I think part of the trouble as well is that the whole BR movement is one that's... dare I say it? Not that good?

It's effectively Death Match on a map that's pretty dull and far too big for the most part. You have 100 players instead of a dozen but in reality you might cross paths with 1-3 instead of a whole server full. One thing I can at least pat PUBG on the back for though over its rivals is that it understands that in no way whatsoever is providing a single map for play remotely acceptable.

Comment

I've played little else on Xbox than PUBG over the past 12 months, more time than my 3 most played games put together.

Yes it's ropey, yes it's full of annoying bugs, yes it looks and runs a bit crap and yes the controls aren't exactly perfect, but no feeling in gaming is quite as satisfying as coming first out of 100 people.

I've tried Fortnite and Blackout but neither come close achieving the heart pounding tension that PUBG has in the final 10. It's kinda ruined alot of other games now for me as a result, certainly multiplayer ones anyway.

I'm sad to say the recent snow map update has seen a few steps back with performance so fingers crossed it gets sorted soon as it was running close to perfect last week. I'm not sure if I'm going to purchase the latest "battle pass" as I know I don't play it enough to get even halfway though the unlockables but it's great to see yet more free content for a game that cost me £18 and has provided me with 400+hrs of entertainment so far.

Comment

Hope that doesn't get introduced to the main game

Comment

Working...
        X