[PC/XBOX] PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PC/XBOX] PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Been playing this on PC since March and with the 1.0 release on PC out recently I can still say that I love this game. Perfomance improvements have made it better although still not what I would call perfect. There have been some great improvements though with vaulting being one of the best.

Duo or squads is the way to do on voice chat (we use Discord).

The new desert map is OK but I find that it can be too big and traversing wide open spaces near the end game pretty much means death. They have also updated the old map with tweaks to places which I wasn't expecting (for instance, a pond area north of Mansions).

Still one of the most tense and addicitve games out there.

I don't squad but for me it's a solid 7/10 title that gets a huge amount of pass because it's an indie title. If it weren't it'd be struggling to get 5/10 reviews in most places. You definitely get a lot of fun for a while but at some point it becomes very repetitive and effectively a waiting simulator as it's mostly effective much of the time to grab some early gear then mostly hide until you're in the top 10.

Decent for the price bit could teter into weak if the wrong updates hit, nowhere... nowhere near finished state either.

Comment

I've enjoyed the Xbox version but I'm ultimately turned off by it's rough state right now. That said I'm not marking it down for that as I knew it would be unfinished... But I would love for the fast development updates they're pumping out for this version gets it close to parity with 1.0 PC sooner rather than later.

As much as the battle royale mode steals the limelight I think this needs a few new modes instead of just different squad sizes. I saw a video from Jack Frags where he was talking about the new map being too big as it adds more verticality. He suggested splitting the map into quadrants so that the play area is already 50% smaller at the beginning.

My personal idea is a hot potato mode for squads... Basically musical chairs with one less chair than the amount of surviving squads. The play area still diminishes but when the countdown ends your squad has to own at least one of the pick ups to survive.

Comment

The PC version is full of hackers at the moment which makes it really frustrating to play. Hopefully this gets resolved quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono View Post
          The PC version is full of hackers at the moment which makes it really frustrating to play. Hopefully this gets resolved quickly.
          Might be difficult. Is the game still effectively an ARMA mod? As if so, there may be a limit to what they can do.

Comment

Patch 5 on Xbox out now (weekly schedule) and it adds a few major changes to weapon selection. There is now a quick pistol select as up on the Dpad and there is now an option to change ADS to be more akin to console shooters. Really makes a difference...

Rubber banding is still there but seems improved. Really this game is inching towards being decent with each patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              Might be difficult. Is the game still effectively an ARMA mod? As if so, there may be a limit to what they can do.
              I don't think it ever was, I think you are thinking of DayZ : Battlegrounds which was a mod of a mod.
              PUBG was made from the ground up by Bluehole.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                I don't think it ever was, I think you are thinking of DayZ : Battlegrounds which was a mod of a mod.
                PUBG was made from the ground up by Bluehole.
                Ah, I see - Wikipedia says they bought the mod from the guy who made and and brought him in to work on it as its own game.

Comment

Rumour: With 3 Million Players and Counting Microsoft Could Acquire Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds

I think they already tried and Bluehole said "no".

Comment

They shouldn't bother. It'll be popular for years but I doubt it's a Minecraft style investment opportunity

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono View Post
                      I can't tell whether I'm getting aimbotted or not, but some people seem to be very accurate with weapons from a distance through walls.

On the plus side, the PC performance has been markedly improved recently; it's a lot smoother on my i7 with a GTX1080 now.

Comment

Third map will launch by the end of June

Comment

I bought an Xbox One S for this just the other day. Crazy eh? But, I have to say, I haven't regretted it. It's so good. Before playing this, I had been playing Fortnite which performs so much better, but I just couldn't take to the building aspect. Looking over the fence, I'd been envious of PC and Xbox users having PUBG. Now I have it!

Anyone else playing it on Xbox?

Comment

Just got but haven't tried yet. Son is glued to it

Comment

I'm playing it and it continues to improve every update so I'm happy. It cost less than a full game and I've already gotten my monies worth with it.

I reckon the next couple of major updates will put it above water in terms of frame rates as they've said they're concentrating on performance now.

Comment

Working...
                              X