Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched new Black Mirror ep: Bandersnatch ... a choose your own adventure episode which you control with the tv remote ... and to say any more might spoil something you really have to go in cold and experience for yourself.

I will say there's a great cameo though

Comment

Finally finished the second season of Ozark. Found it really hard going this time due to there being simply too many creepy bastards in it, making it uncomfortable viewing at the cost of any entertainment.

Comment

Found myself bringing in the post-new year with Bob Monkhouse: The Last Stand. It's his last show filmed before an audience of comedians and it's GOLD. Amazing telly, best thing I've seen all year even if it's old. I've held off watching it for eons because I used to love Bob Monkhouse and he's dead and he reminds me of the past, which is constantly ever deader and ever dying...and I thought it might make me sad. But it's quite the opposite, and his dignity in the face of death is amusing and graceful.

It's deeeeeep and deeeeeeply brilliant. Warmest and zingiest bit is when he wheels out one of the old comedy sub-bosses. It's such a great moment.

Jazz Rating = 10/10
        Funk Rating = 10/10
        Existence Rating = 0/10 (he's dead)

Comment

Bob Funkhouse.

RIP Bob

RIP Bobby

Bobby Monkhouse.

Bobby The Monkster.

Comment

Comment

** Bob Spunkhouse **

Comment

Watched Harry Enfield's latest little thing, a half hour special called 'Island Of Dreams'.

It was sh!te.

Chuckled once or twice briefly - initially - at Al Murray's semi-accurately decent Gregg Wallace impression (it goes nowhere) but no laughs elsewhere at all.

Pity, I caught the write-up in Metro today, I would've entirely missed this had it not been for serendipity. I was expecting an unexpected curveball comedy treat but alas...alas...pfffffffffft........

..........that's the sound of a slow, eggy fart that smells like dead embryos.

Comment

Anyone caught the Marie Kondo show on Netflix?

It’s very American but it’s also inspiring me to sort through stuff and get rid of stuff that doesn’t spark joy. First became aware of her approach via the 8-4 Play podcast and I think it’ll be a good way to sort through my video games especially.

Comment

We started on Luther S1E1 last night and it's alright.

I think he abuses his right as an officer a bit too much, so it'll be interesting if they paint him as a hero more as the show develops.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post

It’s very American but it’s also inspiring me to sort through stuff and get rid of stuff that doesn’t spark joy. First became aware of her approach via the 8-4 Play podcast and I think it’ll be a good way to sort through my video games especially.
                      I watched an episode of that. Really good advice but Marie herself is an absolute cringe fest.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post

The wife wanted to watch it, then she really took to disliking Kondo herself, so now I don't have to sit through it \o/

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                          The wife wanted to watch it, then she really took to disliking Kondo herself, so now I don't have to sit through it \o/
                          Mine said she's the ideal woman for Japanophiles.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                            Mine said she's the ideal woman for Japanophiles.
                            I would have to disagree, due to the magnitude of how she turned my stomach. She practically folded it like a t-shirt.

Comment

But how nicely she folded your stomach

Comment

A new kind of terror is coming to AMC this summer. The cabler announced on Monday that the next installment of its horror-infused anthology, The Terror: Infamy, will arrive on Monday, Aug. 12 at 9/8c. Leading out of that will be Season 2 of the “modern fable” Lodge 49, at 10pm. Set during World War […]

AMC have confirmed a 12 August 2019 launch sate for The Terror: Season 2

Comment

Working...
                                X